Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Thanks for the heads up. :) Downloading now...

FYI, it's also shown if you use/ run Microsoft Autoupdate (that separate little app thingie).

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Microsoft Releases iPod-Related Vista Update, Office 2004 Update

Microsoft has released a pair of updates, one which is targeted at Vista iPod users, and another routine update to Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac.

The former update stamps out an issue where using Windows' "Safely Remove Hardware" function on an iPod could corrupt the iPod's data. However, even with iTunes 7.1.1, which together with iTunes 7.1 had addressed various incompatibilities with Vista, a couple minor issues remain according to Apple, including Windows contact list syncing issue and a minor interface bug.

The latter update brings Microsoft Office for Mac to version 11.3.5, with "several improvements to enhance security and stability, including fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the contents of your computer's memory with malicious code."

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
These Office updates are starting to get creepy. Every one seems to have the exact same description.

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.
... as Windows updates.

Are Microsoft putting their horrid Windows bugs into our beloved Macs?

Yes. And they are also uploading spyware and viruses to your computer too. In fact the next update that is rumored to come will change the entire coding of the Mac OS, then upload all past present and future virus onto your computer simultaneously. We're all doomed!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

SeanMcg

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2004
That's why Apple didn't fix it...

Re: Windows Vista Update
I remember all the moaning when Vista came out and Apple's updates to iTunes didn't fix all the problems. Blame a third-party developer for an O/S problem. Smart. Think about it: are you going to blame the developer if they unknowingly uncover a problem with Core Image when properly calling the API?

"Well, they had all this time" And we don't know that this issue was never forwarded to MS for review (I sure don't dislike double negatives). Given how much they had to cut back on features for Vista to get it out the door, I'm surprised this issue got fixed before SP 1. Having said that, I'm disappointed that there are still issues. I'm not affected, but I'm still disappointed. I like to see problems fixed.

If nothing else, I think it shows the power of the iPod, right in the face of the purveyors of Zune.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
Has there been any news lately on a release date for Office 2008?

Amazon says the second half of 2007.

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Yes. And they are also uploading spyware and viruses to your computer too. In fact the next update that is rumored to come will change the entire coding of the Mac OS, then upload all past present and future virus onto your computer simultaneously. We're all doomed!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Funny thing is I seem to recall an incremental update to Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac that my university uses a while back that actually deleted the Microsoft Office Suite. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.