Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sicarius

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Tennessee.
Ok, so every time I download and attempt to unzip a .zip file (Not all, just ones involving RockBox: The firmware itself, and themes.), it unzips successfully, and disappears. I see the .tmp folder for a split second, then it's gone. Nothing shows up when searching in Spotlight, but when I use WhatSize, I can see the unzipped file, but I can't do anything about it. Anyone know what this is doing?

P.S. The RockBox .zip file is titled "rockbox.zip" but when unzipped, in WhatSize, it's called .rockbox. Dunno if this means anything.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
That's just because the unzipped file name is .rockbox (I don't use RockBox but I downloaded a theme and unzipped just to see what was happening - aren't I nice?)

All files and directories beginning with '.' are invisible in Finder. You can't do anything about the name of the zipped file (presumably it must be called .rockbox in order to apply the theme) but you can modify Finder to view all files, or you can see hidden files using the Terminal command ls with the -a option ("ls -a")

To view all files in Finder, including hidden ones, follow the tips here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.