Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 10, 2007, 02:10 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

A New Success for Parallels - Hot Announcements to Come

Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: A New Success for Parallels - Hot Announcements to Come
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 10, 2007, 02:12 PM   #2
vniow
macrumors 603

I like this news. I like it a lot.
vniow is offline   0
Old May 10, 2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Steve1496
macrumors 6502a

Probably 3D Acceleration. I hope they can get DirectX 9 though, because most DX8 games (which VMWare supports) are old now.

DirectX9 would be a great announcement. Can't imagine what else they might have up their sleeve (besides Linux Tools)--but coherence did take me by surprise, so I'm ready see what they've got coming next!

Steve
Steve1496 is offline   0
Old May 11, 2007, 05:20 AM   #4
Bakey
macrumors 6502

Hot annoucement eh!?!

Could it be that they [Parallels] is about to be snapped up by Apple? It could happen and it would make sense!!
Bakey is offline   0
Old May 11, 2007, 06:00 AM   #5
xUKHCx
Administrator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakey View Post
Hot annoucement eh!?!

Could it be that they [Parallels] is about to be snapped up by Apple? It could happen and it would make sense!!
Could be.

Parallels rocketed to a very strong product and I find their solution the best out there currently.
xUKHCx is offline   0
Old May 11, 2007, 06:08 AM   #6
Vidd
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by xUKHCx View Post
Could be.

Parallels rocketed to a very strong product and I find their solution the best out there currently.
Well they obtained Cover Flow in the same way and they acquired Finger Works for the iPhone.
It'd be cool to see it integrated into Leopard but I doubt it. Maybe Digitimes was right all along!
Vidd is offline   0
Old May 11, 2007, 06:30 AM   #7
PCMacUser
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakey View Post
Hot annoucement eh!?!

Ahh, well if that happens it'll just go to show that Apple are no different from Microsoft...
Old May 11, 2007, 06:40 AM   #8
speakerwizard
macrumors 68000

if parallels were to be bought by apple surely it would have dissapeard by now ready for leopard? also they are starting to sell macs with parallels pre-installed, add these to apple stating that there is NO virtualisation in leopard. 3d will be nice though
Old May 11, 2007, 07:11 AM   #9
TBi
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakerwizard View Post
if parallels were to be bought by apple surely it would have dissapeard by now ready for leopard? also they are starting to sell macs with parallels pre-installed, add these to apple stating that there is NO virtualisation in leopard. 3d will be nice though
Making parallels disapear would be a bad move for apple considering how many people use it on Tiger.
Old May 11, 2007, 07:22 AM   #10
IscariotJ
macrumors 6502a

With any luck, they might announce they are going to start providing support A quick look at the forums, shows that a lack of response even from paid requests calls is still an issue, which is a disgrace. It's also the reason I removed Parallels. You'd have thought SWSoft would have "encouraged" them to have sorted the support issue by now.

It's not to say the PD is a bad product; it's quite good if all you want to run is Windows, but as we know, there are other OS's, and Parallels support of them is not very good ( especially when you consider they've had Workstation for a long while, and still haven't developed *nix tools ).

They're going to have to come with something special. Reading between the posts on the VMWare forum, it looks like Fusion might be priced not far from Parallels....

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion