Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old May 11, 2007, 03:30 PM   #1
Splotz
macrumors newbie

Can I create a 'Virtual' Audio CD?

Hey, this is my first post, but I've been looking at mac rumors for a while now!

I was using iTunes today after importing some MP3s, and I tried to use the Get CD Track names function. It gave me an error saying it wouldnt do it as I didnt import the music using iTunes. However I believe by it saying that it means iTunes itself didn't rip the music from the CD.

Is there any way that I can create a faux CD Player and create virtual CDs for iTunes to rip from? I.e. can I copy a load of MP3s into a folder, create it as a virtual cd and then tell iTunes to import that CD so I can then use the get CD Track names function?

I've had a Google around and cant find anything that seems to be able to do anything like it. So, does anyone have any ideas (apart from burning the MP3s to disc and then importing them from the burnt CD ).

Thanks! And I look forward to hearing your replies.
Splotz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 03:50 PM   #2
Mpulsive81
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Mpulsive81 Send a message via Yahoo to Mpulsive81
I'm not sure i'm understanding your question. Are you dragging/dropping? If so, try using the "import to library" function to pull them in the library.

Last edited by Mpulsive81; May 11, 2007 at 04:02 PM.
Mpulsive81 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2007, 03:57 PM   #3
balamw

From what I understand, Toast does allow you to create an image of an audio CD and mount it. Disk Utility Does not.

B
Old May 14, 2007, 04:18 AM   #4
Splotz
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamw View Post
From what I understand, Toast does allow you to create an image of an audio CD and mount it. Disk Utility Does not.

B
Any ideas how to do that?
Splotz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help