Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Caroline found this on the SFX forums
possible.jpg
possible2.jpg

Could a Gold and Silver remake be heading our way? It's the only Pokemon RPG I haven't played through yet so I'm naturally all for this :D

edit: If SkyBlue comes in here and tells me this has already been debunked then I will sob :*

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
Last two Pokemon-related games I ever played. Unfortunately, my copy of Silver has as corrupt battery save, so I can never save.

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
Its definitely possible considering how profitable Pokemon games are and how they already remade Red/Blue with successful results.

applekid

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2003
You think they're done with adding new Pokemon? I dunno, I'd prefer saving some cartridge space for things like say the sounds of the Pokemon from the cartoon, some 3D battles, and maybe more player-involved battle system (something like the Paper Mario series where you're more involved).

Instead of selling me a game, repackaged with everything from the previous versions with a few hundred new Pokemon, how about some real innovation in the way of gameplay? All you gives us is online battling and trading.

The two hours I invested in Pearl last weekend was such a drag. It was slow. I didn't want to even think about picking up Ruby/Sapphire or FireRed/LeafGreen just so I can get some of my old school Pokemon back.

All in all, I was disappointed by Pearl/Diamond and hardly have respect for the Pokemon brand any longer with the same old rehashes in the way of Pokemon RPGs and console games.

EDIT: Time for some major bubble busting:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=pokemon&message.id=2755351

FAKE!

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
It's a very slow game yes. The story only really picks up once you beat the 7th gym. The addiction of Pokemon (for me) lies in building an absolutely custom team that gets more and more variables added with every new set of Pokemon they stick in, and then facing off against your mates.
I do think this will be the last main Pokemon (short of a remake) we see in this style. We're talking DS2 here. I think Pearl and Diamond are the perfect send-offs for the previous Pokemon form, it definitely feels that way with storyline (spoiler! whats left for the enemy team to want to destroy or take over).

edit: booo a fake. I'll cry myself off with the 8th gym on Pearl. :(

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
Gold & Silver were always my favourite Pokemon games, and Totodile is my favourite starter, so i would naturally love to see this come true, and despite this particular image being fake, I am sure that Nintendo will not miss such an easy chance of making a lot of money.
Gold & Silver will be remade.

Last two Pokemon-related games I ever played. Unfortunately, my copy of Silver has as corrupt battery save, so I can never save.

The same happened to my brother's copy of Pokemon Silver, but I fixed it by putting it in an old Game Boy and leaving it turned on 'till it fully used some AAs. It's internal battery is now recharged and it can once again save.
EDIT: Sorry about that, i just checked it again 2 weeks later, and it has wiped the file again. Well it did keep it for a few days. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.