Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard Brazee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2006
Lafayette CO
My goal is to combine my calendar and contacts, and have them on my home computer, my wife's home computer, my work computer, and my iPod.

My work calendar and contacts are on Outlook 2003 (exchange) on XP Pro. I also have Thunderbird and Sunbird at work, only Thunderbird is connected to my home e-mail address, not the Exchange server that Outlook is connected to.

At home I can use either Outlook or Thunderbird, and my wife uses iCal, although she also has Office. I'm saving up to replace my XP machine with a Mac Pro.

I have iTunes connected with my account on all 3 computers, but have failed miserably in getting my contacts and calendar synchronized (actually, I got the Outlook Calendar connected from the wrong computer, but that got replaced when I plugged it into my primary computer).

Someone recommended Plaxo. I installed Plaxo to my home Outlook, my home Thunderbird, and my work Thunderbird, but despite getting no error message, the installation wouldn't take for my work Outlook (which contains my most important calendar). Plaxo said that is because I don't have enough privelege to install it (What's the significant difference between Outlook and Thunderbird here?).

What is the next thing I should try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.