Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
Hi,
Heard previously that new 15" Powerbooks were to be announced "probably" this week. So far, no go. Now I've heard not until October. Anyone have any solid info on this??? I guess if we did, it wouldn't be a "rumor," but I'm curious. I've been waiting to buy a new 15" Powerbook.
Thanks.
Frank

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
Frank, there are lots and lots and lots of people waiting for the new PowerBooks, myself included.

i'm searching desprately for any info that might be useful in determining a release date, and i'm sure there are lots of others that are as well.

but right now i'm thinking that they'll prolly be out sometime in the next two weeks, or in the next month at the most. at least i hope they are. i just sold my TiBook in anticipation of 970 PowerBooks being here, but if a updated G4 15" isn't here soon, i don't know if i'll be able to take it.

fjs08

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2003
cb911,

>>i just sold my TiBook in anticipation of 970 PowerBooks being here, but if a updated G4 15" isn't here soon,<<

Thanks for the note. I grew up on Apple II's and macs's went to the Dark Side when I went out in business, now I want to switch back. I've needed a new notebook for almost 9 months now. I know the feeling of impending despiration<g>.

Thanks.

Frank

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.