Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rspeaker

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2006
Might check out keepvid.com; it's what I use.

If that won't work, you could use a screen-recording app. Not sure if Copernicus will do audio, but Snapz Pro will (and I think there's a cheaper app, but can't think of it's name.)

7masscom

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2007
Flash Video

Are you talking Flash Streaming Video or Flash Video Files .flv (i.e. youtube)? If you're talking the latter, than the easiest way to download the file (using Safari) would be to open the activity window while the clip is playing and find the file with the http://.........flv extension. Double-click on it and it will start downloading to your hard drive.

Now, if it is streaming, then you will have to use one of the previouly mentioned apps.

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
For youtube I always use videodl.org You just cut and paste the url and you get a download link. The activity window post or tubesock method also work but can be confusing (activity window) or have a cost associated with them (tubesock).

There is also a firefox extension called getvideo (or something like that) that performs a similar function.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
VideoDownloader is the extension I use for Firefox. I have found that Youtube
videos don't appear in Safari's activity window, so that option is out. When you
save a video using VideoDownloader, it will be named get_video. Rename it
what you want, and then add the .flv extension. I use the latest VLC player
(Mac and PC versions) to play the saved clips.

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
Try "CosmoPod". It's a plug-in for Safari. You add its button to your tool bar and it's enabled when there is flash movie content on the current page. Click the button, and it's downloaded. You can use it with the perian FLV decoder, and it will automatically convert it and, if you like, add to iTunes. Or, you can leave just download the FLV and convert it using something like VisualHub. (I'm using it that way, as I'd rather not mess with the codecs, unless I have to)

Webcam Recorder

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2010
An easy way to record online stream with high quality

In my view to record computer screen or online streaming videos, by using streaming video recorder or webcam recorder will be a faster and cheaper way of producing and saving your online videos content.This is most advanced FLV Video Webcam Recorder with cutting edge technology designed to give highest quality with sharp videos or images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.