Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Hmmmm, i don't run on battery often - an my computer reported 4 load cycles when it was new (17" MBP bought at Apple Store).

I've adjusted Coconut to have the right numbers for the 17", and I calibrated it (drain to self-sleep, slept all night, full charge in am) 2 days ago. That was the 2nd time i'd done that.

It started good.... and I did apply the battery update, what the heck - i wasn't have problems, but figured "they" told me to, i'd do it.

So i'm curious if anyone has around the 20-load cycle mark and what your battery health looks like.

17" MBP C2D
Picture%2028.png

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
My 4 month old battery has 40 load-cycles and it's down to 89% health, but it was at 93% health at 39 load-cycles, so I'm gonna have to call apple up eventually I think.:mad:

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I figured that i'd just watch it for now - but i do need to be able to "battery" this summer for a decent amount of time, so if i need to get a new one - i'd rather do it sooner than later.

I can get over 2 hours on it - i've used it the last 2 nights sitting on the heating pad (for my shoulder - although the computer does a good job on the lap ;)).

I wish i had done the save thing before the battery update - or did a snapshot of it. LOL, i checked it - but like i remember what it said! NOT!

Anyone else at the 15-25 range?

1dterbeest

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2006
Waupun, WI
mine is doing pretty well...

This is a Rev.A CoreDuo Macbook Pro 15"
I had my battery replaced as part of the initial recall right before all the HUGE recalls that everyone remembers. This new battery is doing pretty good, huh?

edit: if i calibrate first, will i get better or worse battery life in coconut? i haven't calibrated since the first time i got the battery.

Attachments

• batteryinfo.jpg
    batteryinfo.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 64

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Wow, I beat all of you.

iBook G4
picture1ch7.png

It was purchased by the original owner in Feb 06, I bought it used in Nov 06.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
battery.jpg

Damn you guys always have your laptops plugged in?

Mine is almost always plugged in - or i take the cord and use it in the other room. I'm always at home with it - hence, the 17" wasnt' too big for me :D

Wow, I beat all of you.

iBook G4
...pic snipped.....
It was purchased by the original owner in Feb 06, I bought it used in Nov 06.

I never got my iBook G4 to work right with Coconut, but it has a new battery courtesy of the iBook recall!

josepho

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2004
Surrey, England
Damn it, i really need to get a new battery; im down to 16% capacity! How much do they cost these days at the cheapest? Its for a PowerBook G4?

Apple has them for £89.00:
15" G4: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E099&nplm=M9756

12" G4: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=6C04E0B8&nplm=M9572

Alternatively, eBay provides some at knock-down prices:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/APPLE-ALUMINU...5QQihZ004QQcategoryZ91355QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/battery-for-G...43QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4601QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And so on...

I did have to replace my Powerbook 12" G4 battery last year... it ended up lasting about 30 minutes, but it was 2 1/2 years old at the time, so it had had a good innings.

I'm now just disappointed at how much longer my girlfriend's MacBook battery lasts than my C2D MacBook Pro...

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
I just checked my ibook's and its had 536 battery load cycles and capacity is down to 34%. I got it second hand back last August and it had about 90% capacity then - guess I shouldn't use it as a laptop as much!! :rolleyes:

My girlfriend's that was bought at the same time still has a good 4 hours of battery life in it while mine only lasts an hour or so these days. Hers is her only computer though and she usually uses it plugged in at my desk while mine's my travel buddy so is usually running off the battery. I've definitely noticed the battery life drop sharply in the last two months though. Before then I used to get 3 hours with the brightness on minimum. :(

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
I've got a C2D 15" MBP at 20 cycles and 98% battery health. That's what iStat Pro tells me anyway.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Here is my info for what its worth. I seem to be doing rather well.

Attachments

• screenshot_01.jpg
    screenshot_01.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 70

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Here is my info for what its worth. I seem to be doing rather well.

Oh most excellent!

And, where is the #1 party school these days??? LOL, that brings back memories!!!

Which must be why the battery is doing so well - not a lot of time for battery use on it??? ;)

(i'm teasing of course!)

L

Lau

I know this is PPC, and therefore perhaps slightly different, but I calibrated mine the other day as it seemed quite high. Although I have a couple of hundred load cycles, it still seems to be well over 90%, so TraceyS/FL, it's probably worth keeping a careful eye on yours before the warranty's up. :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 62

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
My PB G4 has nearly 500 cycles and is still holding 81%.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 74
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.