Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Perhaps I should revert to my regualr avatar. ;)

http://blogs.business2.com/apple/2007/05/apple_v_igasm.html

Macworld UK reports today that lawyers for Apple (AAPL) have their proverbial knickers in a twist about a poster promoting a sex toy called the iGasm.

I wonder why.

The device, which vibrates in sync with any music source, is sold by adult retailer Ann Summers for £30 ($60). The matt-white "love egg" has been on the market at least since January. Apple's objection seems to be to the poster campaign.

The not-always reliable tabloid News of the World quotes this exchange:

[Apple's] haughty legal letter to the shop chain adds: "We hope this request to remove it immediately will prevent us having to consider further action."

Despite that, Ann Summers boss Jacqueline Gold is saying no, no, no and joked: "Perhaps I can send them an iGasm to put a smile back on their faces!"

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I thought our previous discussion about that very lawsuit was what prompted you to change your avatar in the first place! Now go get your panties back on! Erm, off. Erm, almost off. ;)

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
they better not take it off the market before i get one! i saw it a few weeks ago and wanted it. it's cute and funny. the only down fall of is price, $60 is abit much for me. that's without shipping cost from the u.k.! i hope they are just going after them for the poster and not the product. every apple geek girl should have one. now if i could find one the hooks into my MB i would never leave the house.

here's the link for the iGasm

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Please, we all know it is okay to visit the nuns, as long as one doesn't get in the habit...

So this wrong? :)
scientific_activities16_or.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.