Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I'm trying to find some links to post up - nothing yet. In the Google finance chats people are buzzing about this now as well.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
i know that there are other dates buzzing around out there, and that this date is not confirmed, but i welcome any information that will help me pin down when i need to plan to work from home so i can get away to buy one first thing in the morning! :D

i'm hoping that the apple stores will have them a day or two before the at&t stores (it's an apple product, and despite the partnership with AT&T, i think it makes sense if apple gets a jump of a few days or so to start selling it). anyone think there's any chance of that?

Gonzlobo

Suspended
May 9, 2007
Albuquerque
i know that there are other dates buzzing around out there, and that this date is not confirmed, but i welcome any information that will help me pin down when i need to plan to work from home so i can get away to buy one first thing in the morning! :D

I'm with you. I could care less when the phone is sold, so long as they release information (manuals, flash animations) & pricing plans at least a week before the stupid thing finally goes on sale.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iPhone release on June 20th?

A number of reader reports and a Google Groups message board posting indicate that CNBC is reporting that the iPhone will be released on the 20th of June.
Actually, On the Money last night on CNBC, the telco Analyst said they had been given the confirmed date of the 20th. Not sure where this official release is, but they specifically said iPhone release date was finally released and it was to be the 20th.
No other confirmation yet available.

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
I mean how difficult would it be to push it up a week and have it available at WWDC!! Oh yeah...I'll be at WWDC too. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how reliable this source is anyway. It's available when it's available so who really cares.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Apple keep saying the iPhone will be here "Late June" So I'm guessing Apple will say pre order now and get by 20th...

robertnq

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
San Francisco
Yay!

Soon we will be together iPhone, Soon...:rolleyes:

Edit: Verizon & LG teaming up for a iPhone Killer..LMAO...their just copying the iPhone before it came out...both anaylst's both laugh at the notion...I never saw a LG phone that I like...Stupid Verizon! Why?! Now I must leave you for AT&T...too bad must move on, you have change...really maybe it's not you it's me...LoL

njcalugar

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2007
but they specifically said iPhone release date was finally released...

the release date was released...ha! don't get me wrong, i'm excited to get my first mac whenever they come out with new MBPs, but this is just comedy...

JW008

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
the release date was released...ha! don't get me wrong, i'm excited to get my first mac whenever they come out with new MBPs, but this is just comedy...

Well that's better than what we had before: we were looking for the release date we were going to get the release date for the release! :eek:

jellomizer

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Upstate NY
I would like to premtivly thank all the early adopters. Who will debug and test the iPhone for me where in a Couple of Years I will decide if it is a good product for me or not.

Remember this is a new product, on a new chip set with new software, new interface, new features...

All in all something to be worrisum buying new.

While Apple is better then most with coming with new tech without huge major problems, but still. This is a lot of new stuff by Apple in a tiny box. And I am sure in real life there is a lot of places where there is some oversight in its design.

Steve Jobs tend to show the good features of the phone then gloss over features which may be troublesom and only show them in a starril environment where it gets the best results. The actuall product may have problems that one can't see in a Stevenote.

But for you early adopters I thank you for helping make products for me in the future.

ISMPlus

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
NYC
Oh sweeeet!

Man, why is :apple: being so hush hush about the iPhone thing? I know it's free marketing for them but c'mon, throw us a bone here!:confused:

Mgkwho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Safari sometimes goofs on video for me too.

I don't like how the frame rate goes down when it's not the main window;
nor how sometimes I have to shift the page or move my mouse over a tab or link at the top bar, etc.

-=|Mgkwho

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Sounds reasonable. But even if it's from a good inside source it's not a public and Apple could easily still adjust the date.

Man, why is :apple: being so hush hush about the iPhone thing? I know it's free marketing for them but c'mon, throw us a bone here!:confused:

In part because anything they say will be made into a huge life-or-death deal. They could say "we currently expect a release around the 20th" and then if the logistics worked out better for the 21st, the press would have a field day about Apple's death-spiral :rolleyes: Meanwhile that vocal stereotyped minority of "brainwashed Mac zealots" who supposedly can't say anything bad about Apple would, as usual, be right on board, shrieking that Apple sucks and they're going to wait for Dell's phone :)

sprescott1974

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2002
worked in firefox!

first off CNBC spoke to someone in an AT&T corporate store we all know that AT&T store employees know as much as we do. They probably even get their info from sites like MacRumors. So, I'm not putting too much weight on this rumor. If anything, Steve is going to say on June 11th "The iPhone is up for order online at the Apple store and AT&T today and it'll start shipping next week."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.