Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old May 25, 2007, 03:13 PM   #1
rspeaker
macrumors 6502

Business card template?

I've been looking for a business card template for Pages, but only came up with one from Jumsoft. I just don't want to pay $39 for one template (all the others included wouldn't be useful to me.) I found some for Word at avery.com, but had trouble formatting them the way I'd like to.

I'll mess around with Pages later, but suggestions would be great, as to where to find one, or how to create a page of 2"x3.5" cards. Thanks.
Old May 25, 2007, 04:13 PM   #2
iSaint
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to iSaint
In Word, you can create your own or modify templates. I've bought precut Avery labels that worked out great for Word.

I don't see any business card templates in pages, which is surprising. When I finish browsing MR in full, I'll look at it more.
Old May 25, 2007, 09:38 PM   #3
PeggyD
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspeaker View Post
I've been looking for a business card template for Pages, but only came up with one from Jumsoft. I just don't want to pay $39 for one template (all the others included wouldn't be useful to me.) I found some for Word at avery.com, but had trouble formatting them the way I'd like to.

I'll mess around with Pages later, but suggestions would be great, as to where to find one, or how to create a page of 2"x3.5" cards. Thanks.
Try iWorkCommunity for user-contributed templates. The last time I looked I found a business card template with a search.
PeggyD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2007, 10:57 PM   #4
goodwill
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to goodwill
http://belightsoft.com/products/composer/features.php

costs money, but pretty kick ass program.
goodwill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2007, 06:53 AM   #5
Grampa Joe
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwill View Post
http://belightsoft.com/products/composer/features.php

costs money, but pretty kick ass program.
I'll second that! Belight's Business Card Composer 4 is the best out there, and I've used most of them to create my business cards.
Old May 26, 2007, 09:02 PM   #6
rspeaker
macrumors 6502

I found BCC before posting. It worked great... but is $35. I wouldn't mind paying, but the cards are mostly a one-time thing (most likely.) I tried cheating the system, by screen capturing the final result in BCC, but of course colors were off and it just looked awful.

I found a template at iWorkCommunity, and after much frustration, I finally got things set up how I wanted them to appear. More frustration was involved in the printing process, but I solved that relatively easily by creating my own Paper Size with the correct margins (setting them in the document itself didn't work.)

Thanks for all the help!
Old Feb 21, 2011, 03:35 AM   #7
-dm-
macrumors newbie

Business Card Templates on mac

a lot of mac templates can be found here
http://www.cristallight.com/homebusinesscard/
-dm- is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store