Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

orbitalpunk

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i can buy the correct airport card for adding to a Mac Pro?

thanks so much

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
EBay or a clueless sales rep in a Mac shop. Even people in Apple Stores have sold them to customers although apparently they're not supposed to. It can't hurt to ask in one.

tribe3

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2005
Vienna, VA - USA
The problem with that one is that it's the old AirPort Extreme card, with the 802.11g standard. I couldn't find any mention of the 802.11n specs mentioned anywhere on the page. My assumption is that the OP wants the newest card, and that the BTO Mac Pros with the card installed is the same one in the iMacs...

The 802.11n enabler for that card is $2 (yes, two dollars) here http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=36A3C0EC&nplm=D4141ZM/A

I got mine installed at the Applestore a couple of weeks ago and than just purchased the 2 bucks enabler.

I guess they can't just give it away for some reason as a firmware upgrade...

Bests

ironic23

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
The problem with that one is that it's the old AirPort Extreme card, with the 802.11g standard. I couldn't find any mention of the 802.11n specs mentioned anywhere on the page. My assumption is that the OP wants the newest card, and that the BTO Mac Pros with the card installed is the same one in the iMacs...

i bought the card from that exact same link (sweetwater) and installed it in my mac pro. it is the mac pro wireless-N broadcom card. the picture they used is of the old card but it is in fact the new one.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I bought the Airport Module and BT module from another MacRumors member on Marketplace.

Check out the marketplace a few pages back and the seller may still have one or two left.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.