Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 28, 2007, 01:51 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

The Apple Store: Trouble in Paradise

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: The Apple Store: Trouble in Paradise
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 28, 2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Lixivial
macrumors 6502a

What a strangely misleading title. I thought it was going to be serving some sort of statistic or number showing that the Apple Store's fortune was beginning to turn.

Instead I read a largely useless article containing a washover of the history of the Apple Store and finally, at the very end, hit the meat of the article. It's in regard to the MySpace lockdown.

"Trouble in Paradise," indeed.
Lixivial is offline   0
Old May 28, 2007, 02:55 PM   #3
DMann
Banned

Apple Stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBytes View Post

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: The Apple Store: Trouble in Paradise
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
Paradise, certainly...... trouble, hardly. Got to keep those customers flowing. Free internet access is generous as it is - camping out with MySpace.com takes advantage of it.
DMann is offline   0
Old May 28, 2007, 02:58 PM   #4
flopticalcube
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixivial View Post
What a strangely misleading title. I thought it was going to be serving some sort of statistic or number showing that the Apple Store's fortune was beginning to turn.

Instead I read a largely useless article containing a washover of the history of the Apple Store and finally, at the very end, hit the meat of the article. It's in regard to the MySpace lockdown.

Thank you so much! You saved me from wasting my time reading the article. Must be a very slow news day for MacBytes.
Old May 28, 2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

When I went into the London one recently to buy a MBP, I couldn't get near a machine... I also wanted to check out the ACDs as we'll be buying some for work and all of them had people in front of them checking their email and dicking around.

I don't really like the Apple Store in Regent Street. Staff that ignore or patronise you, many products poorly displayed and some rip-off prices for accessories. Mind you, it is one of the best places to buy a stock config Mac if you know exactly what you want as they seem to have plenty of stock.
Blue Velvet is offline   0
Old May 28, 2007, 03:55 PM   #6
fixyourthinking
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to fixyourthinking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lixivial View Post

Titles for most stories nowadays are written to get Dugg
Old May 28, 2007, 04:37 PM   #7
Sherman Homan
macrumors 6502

That was a mess of an article.
Sherman Homan is offline   0
Old May 28, 2007, 05:19 PM   #8
Mainyehc
macrumors 6502

When I was in NY in April '05, I recall being removed, on the SoHo Apple Store, from a PowerMac G5 that was on display, connected to a 30'' ACD (the only one on the entire place at the time, if I'm not mistaken), because the employee wanted to give a demo to another customer... The guy even told me to remove my iPod Shuffle from the ACD's USB hub (at the time, my full-size iPod was a 3G with a FireWire charger so I had to charge its little brother on the store)... The horror!

But heck, the guy was preety reasonable about it. Suffice to say, I was just checking my mail and IM'ing on that glorious 2560x1600 canvas...
So I just went to the nearest iMac G5 and carried on with my affairs, and no one bothered me ever since.

Anyway, at the time, there were already many people camping on the tables, myself included (I think I went there almost everyday, as if on an obsessive-compulsive pilgrimage, but I ended up buying a box of iPod Socks, so I guess I eventually paid for the bandwidth ), so I can only imagine how crowded the stores will be when the iPhone is launched. Nevertheless, the staff will be properly trained and ready by then, so this article is nothing but a huge, steaming pile of FUD.

Last edited by Mainyehc; May 28, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
Mainyehc is offline   0
Old May 28, 2007, 05:41 PM   #9
Mistershark
macrumors regular

The Apple Stores that I visit have enough computers so that computer-hogging is never really a problem. The bandwidth issue I have experienced, however. It is quite a turnoff to have a snazzy 8-core Mac Pro take forever to load a web page.
Old May 28, 2007, 08:26 PM   #10
zane
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to zane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistershark View Post
The Apple Stores that I visit have enough computers so that computer-hogging is never really a problem. The bandwidth issue I have experienced, however. It is quite a turnoff to have a snazzy 8-core Mac Pro take forever to load a web page.
I think you can only get 8 core mac-pros online.
zane is offline   0
Old May 29, 2007, 09:14 AM   #11
SPUY767
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zane View Post
I think you can only get 8 core mac-pros online.
I think he was making a point, but it's great that you found the need to unnecessarily correct him.
Old May 29, 2007, 10:56 AM   #12
CANEHDN
macrumors 6502a

To me, that article had no direction. He found some stats and some zombie pictures and tried to make them fit. That was a pointless article.
CANEHDN is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion