Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
I desperately need a new one, mine has gone kaput on me. Any idea when the next ones come out??

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Most people here seem to think that it won't receive any major update until the end of the year pre-holiday buying season. My guess is that they'll probably bump the hard drive size before then but due to the iPhone you probably won't see a major change until 3rd quarter '07. Just a guess though.

Retired
May 16, 2006
I really hope that it gets updated on June 11th...it has been a LONG time since an update (and the iPhone makes it look incredibly outdated)...I'm also going away for a month from a week into July, so I would like to hold my whole library (right now I have a 15GB 3G iPod), but don't want to splash out for the 5G :)

kuebby

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2007
MD
At this point there's no way we'll see a new iPod before the iPhone release. I could see one right around beginning of September like when the Nanos and 5Gs were upgraded last year. But no matter what before Thanksgiving; I'm not 100% but I just can't imagine the iPod getting through this year with a major upgrade to the main line.

bcline

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
hmm....shucks, i guess i'll dish out for one now, I really can't wait more than a month, i'm going through withdrawals....

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
I remember people suggesting not to buy the 5.5G because it was just a slight refresh supposedly not long before a proper 6G model was to be introduced.
Gosh, am I glad that I got one when they were released.

I'm sure they'll give the iPhone a little more attention for now. There's no point in hurting its sales.
Remember, the iPhone isn't even out in Europe until Q4! They'll have to handle that well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.