Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old May 28, 2007, 04:16 PM   #1
mmoran27

suckbook

I have major problems with apple macbooks. I bought a late 2006 model Blackbook.

Here are the issues:

Case cracking below because they simply did not make rubber proctectors and chose cheap plastic.

Finger print magnet- wtf can't touch the damn thing without making it look all greasy.

Screen flicker is so bad that mine is now in for repair.

Plastic case scratches like crazy.
mmoran27 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 04:19 PM   #2
zap2
macrumors 604

Boo Hoo

From what I understand, the case is fine. Showing finger prints is a result of buying a black laptop. And case cracking seems weird...I've never heard of it. Atleast not as a major flaw with the MacBook...maybe you hurt it somewho?

And as for the screen problem, sucks, but its getting fixed(for free I hope!) so what can you do but wait?
Old May 28, 2007, 05:15 PM   #3
munckee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2 View Post
Boo Hoo
Yeah, that's a helpful response. The case cracking where the lid hits the bottom case is a pretty widespread problem, and hopefully one they're doing something about. Yes, the blackbook grabs fingerprints and smears more easily than the white. And the screen flicker is certainly not a single incident with this owner. A little compassion or even help would go a long way toward making the board a nicer place. Or just don't say anything.
munckee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 05:18 PM   #4
gauchogolfer
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to gauchogolfer Send a message via Yahoo to gauchogolfer Send a message via Skype™ to gauchogolfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by munckee View Post
Yeah, that's a helpful response. A little compassion or even help would go a long way toward making the board a nicer place. Or just don't say anything.
I'd say that starting a thread with a title other than 'suckbook' would go even farther towards making this a nice place.
Old May 28, 2007, 05:47 PM   #5
SMM
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchogolfer View Post
I'd say that starting a thread with a title other than 'suckbook' would go even farther towards making this a nice place.
I concur. I really dislike it when someone shows up, out of the blue, and acts like the members are their 'whipping boy'. If this follows form, then we will have the act of contrition to follow, "I am sorry, but I am frustrated...", etc.
Old May 28, 2007, 05:54 PM   #6
chex
macrumors regular

sp he's not supposed to be annoyed about the fact that he got a lemon?
chex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 05:59 PM   #7
spork183
macrumors 6502a

He started a thread called suckbook, and his username is mmoron27. Oops, misread that username.

Course, I call my windows laptop my "piece of craptop." So somebody is pissed. Somebody, somewhere is always pissed. Maybe we should have the "Pissed Off" forum for the people who screwed up or got screwed.
spork183 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:01 PM   #8
iToaster
macrumors 68000

And this is why I'm selling my BlackBook before anything bad happens and getting a MBP.
iToaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:08 PM   #9
spork183
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iToaster View Post
And this is why I'm selling my BlackBook before anything bad happens and getting a MBP.
See toaster, you are moving on the path to enlightenment. Mac's don't suck, they simply need to be traded for the next, better model...
spork183 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:09 PM   #10
Bern
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoran27 View Post
I have major problems with apple macbooks. I bought a late 2006 model Blackbook.....
Newbie or do we have another....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	troll2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	75276  
Bern is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:11 PM   #11
SMM
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Do what you want, but we now have two Blackbooks. My wife got hers for Christmas. Looks as good as the days she got it. It is a fine machine, and I just bought one for myself. I have a 17" MBP, which goes back and forth to work and extended trips. I just wanted a quick, small traveler too.
Old May 28, 2007, 06:12 PM   #12
Cybergypsy
Banned

Well i am not a troll and I had 3 bad macbooks.....as everyone knows.....

Quote:
and at that point you will hate the grain and issues the macbook pro has

Last edited by WildCowboy; May 28, 2007 at 10:22 PM. Reason: post merge
Cybergypsy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:17 PM   #13
SMM
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy View Post
Well i am not a troll and I had 3 bad macbooks.....as everyone knows.....
They know because you told them? You post enough anti-Apple stuff that I am certainly not convinced you are not a troll.
Old May 28, 2007, 06:24 PM   #14
chex
macrumors regular

Do you even know what a troll is? It's someone that posts random unhelpful nonsense and 1-ups their post count on the forum, kind of like what you're doing now.

The OP got a crappy laptop and has a right to complain about it, are you so naive or blind that you can't accept that it happens?

meh I hate fanbois, you're an embarassment to the rest of us.
chex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:28 PM   #15
myjellyass
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to myjellyass
There is always going to be a few people that have a problem with any computer they bought, be it a mac or not. However, you didn't seem to ask for anybody's views or ask a question, this purely is a moaning thread and hense i lost all respect for you from the very begining, sorry.
myjellyass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:31 PM   #16
flopticalcube
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex View Post
Do you even know what a troll is? It's someone that posts random unhelpful nonsense and 1-ups their post count on the forum, kind of like what you're doing now.
That is possibly one of the worst definitions of "troll" I have ever read.

Wikipedia:

Quote:
In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding
Old May 28, 2007, 06:34 PM   #17
munckee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauchogolfer View Post
Also quite true, I'd let that get away from me. Though the frustration isn't surprising. We all want our new computer to work perfectly. I'll admit, I'm a little worried about my impending macbook purchase based on a number of threads I've read like this one.
munckee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:39 PM   #18
Sun Baked
macrumors G5

Well a knurled or satin finish would look as pleasing, and if you go that route you might as well go with the standard PC plastics.

Fingerprints and scratches are par for the course for polycarbonate, since it is a rather soft plastic.

However, the plastic case -- even though it can end up looking worn quick -- is rather durable compared to the abuse it can withstand compared to the aluminum can skin MBPs.

Though Apple can solve a bit of the wear issues if they offered simple 3M skins in a variety of styles, after all they offer iPod socks.
Old May 28, 2007, 06:44 PM   #19
thejadedmonkey
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to thejadedmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap2 View Post
Boo Hoo

From what I understand, the case is fine. Showing finger prints is a result of buying a black laptop.
90% of laptops were black. and they never showed fingerprints. Apple needs to fix the problem, not ignore it.
experience comes from bad judgment."
- Mulla Nasrudin
thejadedmonkey is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 06:46 PM   #20
dpaanlka
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to dpaanlka
Quote:
Originally Posted by munckee View Post
Yeah, that's a helpful response.
This person wasn't asking for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
90% of laptops were black. and they never showed fingerprints. Apple needs to fix the problem, not ignore it.
You'll notice that the texture of the black MacBook is very smooth, while most black laptops are a little more coarse - they don't show the fingerprints well (but they are there). It's not a "problem" - you can easily see this in stores before buying one.

FYI lots and LOTs of PC notebooks show fingerprints.
Old May 28, 2007, 07:02 PM   #21
tekmoe
macrumors 68000

i'm loving my blackbook. i picked it up about a week ago. it is the new 2.16 model. yes, the fingerprints do show. no, they don't bother me enough to complain about it. if i wanted it to stay clean, i wouldn't be using it; what's the point of that? i bought this thing to put it to work and it hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. it's working great! and this is coming from somebody who used to own a macbook pro 2.16.
tekmoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 08:09 PM   #22
Cybergypsy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMM View Post
They know because you told them? You post enough anti-Apple stuff that I am certainly not convinced you are not a troll.
Let me see 6K in Bad Apples and i voice my thoughts and i am a troll??? You have to be kidding anti-apple......yep, to much money down the drain, will i buy another mac....yes in time......for now Vista baby....much say that the low end PC runs much better then my macbook ever did, and thats from a maclover..........oh and i was a member before you so watch who you call a troll
Cybergypsy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 08:18 PM   #23
Kamikaze
macrumors member

I really believe attitude is everything. I had a lemon 20" iMac, RSS and a recently cracked case on my Blackbook and everytime I have approached Apple calm and cool and EVERY time they have taken care of me or made things right. Apple's customer care rocks. If you didn't get good care maybe you walked in proclaiming you had a "Suckbook".
Cheers

iPhone 3g 16gb, Powerbook G4 1.5 12"
iBook G4 1.33 12", iMac C2D 2.1 24"
Kamikaze is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 08:18 PM   #24
dpaanlka
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to dpaanlka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybergypsy View Post
Let me see 6K in Bad Apples and i voice my thoughts and i am a troll???
I find it hard to believe, but even if so, surely you must see that you are an extreme extreme case. I have several hundred thousand dollars worth of Apple computers in my house and I haven't had any major problems.

Maybe it's just you.

And if you don't have anything productive to add to MacRumors, you don't have Macs anymore, and you profess to dislike Macs now, why are you still posting? Surely you don't have nearly enough Mac experience to be helping anybody from memory. In fact, you can't be helping anybody in any way possible. This makes you a troll.

Last edited by dpaanlka; May 28, 2007 at 09:07 PM.
dpaanlka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007, 08:26 PM   #25
aquajet
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejadedmonkey View Post
My nomination for most bizarre post of the week: Since it shows fingerprints, there must be something wrong with it.
aquajet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro