Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j5uh

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
i have a REAL hard time editing photos with the macbook and get the colors some what matching with web/print standard. I've tried calibrating but the colors look WAY washed out when i put it on the web or print. any tips? ideas? only way i'm editing photos is using an external dell 2007WFP lcd monitor. but on the road i'd like to do some quick edits right on the macbook. please help! :confused:

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
i have a REAL hard time editing photos with the macbook and get the colors some what matching with web/print standard. I've tried calibrating but the colors look WAY washed out when i put it on the web or print. any tips? ideas? only way i'm editing photos is using an external dell 2007WFP lcd monitor. but on the road i'd like to do some quick edits right on the macbook. please help! :confused:

I don't have problems going to Frontiers from my MBP, Spyder-calibrated LCD, though you do have to watch the angle of the screen some. I don't generally do Web stuff, but that's such a browser crapshoot that it's bound to be problematic.

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
so is it washed out in the browser or print or both? Like compuwar said...it could just be the browser color stuff messing with you, however, if you print it and it still looks poopy then you might just need to calibrate the system...i personally have no advice on that, but a lot of the guys on here do calibrate their stuff...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.