Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:49 AM   #1
ignus graius
macrumors regular

Which artists have been freed?

I've seen the featured page, and I know that Pink Floyd, Paul McCartney, and the Stones all have DRM-free songs, but I don't see any way of searching through all the iTunes Plus songs.

Does anyone have suggestions of DRM-free gems?
ignus graius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:51 AM   #2
xUKHCx
Administrator emeritus

Won't it be the artists that are on EMI, list here or here. Second one is probably better.
xUKHCx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2007, 10:56 AM   #3
kalisphoenix
Banned

I was thinking about this yesterday... making a list of 100 great albums that are now DRM free.

I'll list some that I know were signed to EMI or one of its subsidiaries. I dunno if they're on iTunes or not, but it seems at least a fair shot.

Frank Sinatra -- In the Wee Small Hours
The Band -- Music from Big Pink
The Beach Boys -- Pet Sounds

That might be a good start.
kalisphoenix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2007, 06:21 PM   #4
joelovesapple
macrumors 6502a

I have decided from now on, to only buy when the DRM Free has been fully rolled out. At the moment I will buy artists in the EMI label ( I know there are some I enjoy), but shall branch out as and when the labels do.

I say this because I have probably spent thousands so far on the Store to date, and only just really realised the difference in the quality of 256kbps vs 128kbps.
joelovesapple is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod