Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DjHz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
I am going to be spending six weeks in a hotel room in malaysia. So i was wondering if the current one is worth buying. Is see the price has gone down, so is it going to be updated? Will there be a 802.11n enabled one? Should i save my money and wait to see if they release something during WWDC?

nicolasmasset

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
Belgium
Let's be realistic.

You are a Mac user. When was the last time you see Apple being zealous and fervant in upgrading something?

*crickets chirp*

Sorry, just have to reply. Getting tired of posts like "will the Macbook see an update during WWDC" when it was just barely updated. Sure, it was barely updated, and the update sucks, but it happened... and it won't be happening again for hell of a long time.

Umm, I think he's talking about airport express...

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
They're fairly cheap these days, just pick one up.

Personally I'm waiting on an n version as my last express blew (went pop and stopped working), until then I'm using my cube as a base station running ad-hoc.

yzp

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Quebec
If I got a B-routeur?

with computers that are G-compatible, should I change it to a linsys-N?

does it is worth?

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
I am going to be spending six weeks in a hotel room in malaysia. So i was wondering if the current one is worth buying. Is see the price has gone down, so is it going to be updated? Will there be a 802.11n enabled one? Should i save my money and wait to see if they release something during WWDC?

What will you be doing in the hotel room? If you are surfing the net and listening to Airtunes, the g should be more than enough.

DjHz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2007
You should get at least a g router. You could get an n router but if your computers only have g equipment you won't get any extra speed from the router.

I have a MBP, so all i need is to pay the lousy 2$ :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice, i have decided to see what's released during the next few weeks. And if I don't see an update, i will just go ahead and buy one.

yzp

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Quebec
You should get at least a g router. You could get an n router but if your computers only have g equipment you won't get any extra speed from the router.

yeah sure, but the future? hihihi an N will last longer, cause its more evolved...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.