Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:33 AM   #1
Anto38x
macrumors newbie

Should I? Would You? What ya think?

Hi there..
I need your help in making a decision. I am and have been a MacAddict now for years.... I love my technology and I love my music.... for the past few years I have sat back and watched how the iPod has become part of our musical culture... I purchase mucic by the bucket load on CD and from iTunes.... but I have yet to purchase an iPod... I have been monitoring it's development over the past few years and last year made the decision to purchase the so called "true video" ipod.... but then comes along iPhone outta the blue and for now has put the "true video" iPod on hold... I would love to treat myself to an iPod now... as I'm off on Summer Vacation to France in three weeks for two weeks and I want to be able to take my music library with me. I have read up on the 5G Video iPod and it has received excellent reviews... so here's my question.... would you wait until the new iPod arrives.. whenever that may be... or would you just go and purchase the latest current version. The music player is my main priority... but like anyone into Apple Macs... I love have the latest version... and it does annoy me that as soon as I purchase the next generation may arrive.... WHAT WOULD YOU DO??

Yours sincerely,
Anthony
Irish MacAddict and Music Lover
Anto38x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 08:42 AM   #2
munckee
macrumors 65816

How about a refurb shuffle for $50 to get you through in the meantime? It won't hold your entire library, but you also won't get that sinking feeling in a few months when they release some new "awesome" ipod.
munckee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 09:05 AM   #3
reubs
macrumors 68000

I would suggest a refurb iPod, as well. With a refurb you won't sink your entire budget into an iPod only to see a new one down the road. With the stories I have heard about refurbs, you'd do just as well picking up one of those as you would a brand new iPod.
reubs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:10 AM   #4
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

If you'd use it, I too would get a refurb. Maybe a nano? But if you're not going to use it, and you just want the experience of owning the ultimate product, or if video is what you really want, I guess, don't bother.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:20 AM   #5
mpw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anto38x View Post
...WHAT WOULD YOU DO??...
I wouldn't bother going to France.

If music is your priority just get a nano, IMO that's the sweetest of the iPods just for music. If the trip to France doesn't put you off holidaying for good in the future then maybe hang-in there for a video iPod, surely it will come, as I'd love one for long haul flights/trains etc.

But seriously don't bother with France, you know that's where the French come from right?
mpw is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod