Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avalys

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
In all three commercials, I didn't see any demonstration of the multitouch functionality (e.g. zooming on a photo by putting two fingers on the screen, and spreading them apart). The iPhone in the ads could've have a normal touchscreen, and it would not have made a difference.

I wonder why they didn't show this?

MadDog31

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2007
In all three commercials, I didn't see any demonstration of the multitouch functionality (e.g. zooming on a photo by putting two fingers on the screen, and spreading them apart). The iPhone in the ads could've have a normal touchscreen, and it would not have made a difference.

I wonder why they didn't show this?

To me there's plenty of time for a couple more ads to come out...at this point, we just never know.

ero87

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
New York City
where's the mysterious 4th advertisement?! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    180.6 KB · Views: 121

MarkW19

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2002
Surrey, UK
Multitouch isn't just the "pinching" gesture...it's other things as well.

For instance, you can scroll through your email list by DRAGGING up/down the screen, or you can open a particular message by CLICKING (tapping) quickly on the SAME place.

The iPhone recognises whether you're doing a DRAG, CLICK, DOUBLE-CLICK in the SAME place.

Other touchscreen phones (PocketPCs, etc.) need a seperate scroll-bar which can ONLY scroll, and buttons that usually don't recognise double-clicks from singles.

But yeah, showing the "pinching" would have been a great idea from a wow-factor point of view!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.