Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 4, 2007, 05:20 PM   #1
jdr999
macrumors newbie

Safari shortcut icons on desktop?

How can I drag a URL onto the desktop and have it display the website icon on the desktop like in Windows?

For example, I drag over Sesame Street to the desktop and get a generic HTTP icon which means absolutely nothing to a toddler. How do I change the icon to a nice, red Elmo that is instantly identifiable?

Thanks,
Joe
jdr999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2007, 05:23 PM   #2
psychofreak
Retired

To change an icon for an individual icon, download icons from interfacelift, pixelgirl, or somewhere else you find.

Choose the new icon you want, and press +i on it. Then do the same with the URL you want to change the icon of. Copy the icon in the top left of the info window of the new icon, then paste it onto the icon in the top left of the URL's info window

Last edited by psychofreak; Jun 4, 2007 at 05:34 PM.
psychofreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help