Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 6, 2007, 01:14 AM   #1
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Smile Does anyone know if the WWDC will be on TV like G4?

Hello,
Does anyone out there know if they will cover or reveal anything happening there at the WWDC conference in SF on TV like G4 a computer cable channel?
That would sure be good information if they did or to get a heads up of what is going to be offered in the next few weeks?
WizardHunt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:58 AM   #2
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
Hello,
Does anyone out there know if they will cover or reveal anything happening there at the WWDC conference in SF on TV like G4 a computer cable channel?
That would sure be good information if they did or to get a heads up of what is going to be offered in the next few weeks?
Wow I am surprised that no one responded to this question. So no one heard anything about the WWDC being on any computer tv station just as G4 (Old TechTV Channel) on cable or satellite? I know macrumors has a live section on events happening which is cool, and I just wanted to know if there was going to be any tv coverage if anyone knew anything?
Old Jun 8, 2007, 01:08 AM   #3
aspro
macrumors 6502

There hasn't been anything live in the last few years as far as I know, but small coverage after the fact of whatever has been announced is likely.

13" Macbook
[2.16Ghz/2GB/120GB/Mac OSX 10.5.1/iPod classic 80GB]

Last edited by aspro; Jun 8, 2007 at 01:13 AM. Reason: clarification
aspro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 01:09 AM   #4
Daveway
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to Daveway
Nah. Apple only does private broadcasts to its own facilities now. The video is usually posted by 4:00pm CDT.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 03:41 AM   #5
screensaver400
macrumors 6502a

IIRC, the last live broadcast Apple event was the iPod mini intro. Becky Worley (sp?) was the anchor for TechTV. Ah, the good old days...
screensaver400 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 08:26 AM   #6
negatv1
macrumors 6502

G4? I thought they only played sitcom re-runs and anime these days? Doubt you'll watch anything semi-useful on that channel these days.
negatv1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2007, 01:13 PM   #7
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by negatv1 View Post
G4? I thought they only played sitcom re-runs and anime these days? Doubt you'll watch anything semi-useful on that channel these days.
To tell you the truth, I don't really care for the show much since they drop Leo as I really enjoyed him on the show known as TechTV or Call for Help. He owns a PC and a Apple and talked about both. I miss that show. Since G4 took it over it has went downhill in my opinion.

I did see them do a review show on Comdex, and the comsumer electronics show so I thought they might have enough brains to review the WWDC show as well. I will check the listings and see. If I find out anything I will post it here.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:24 AM   #8
WizardHunt
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardHunt View Post
Hello,
I just watched G4 TV and yes they covered it for those who want to know. They did about 1/4 of their show on the apple events. Check your cable or satellite listings for the channel you need. However Macrumors Live Event did a awesome job on the coverage.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs