Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
My G4 died for the second time today. Something to do with the video card I think. Has anyone else had alot of problems with their ibook? lol maybe its time to email steve??.

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
G4 died? How old is that? I'm assuming you got the extended service contract. :)

zeppelin68

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
lol unfortunatly no. I had it repaired for the same problem like six months ago from apple and paid $300. I was going to buy a new computer anyway, but i guess ill have to make use of my family's virused up PC.

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
Rule 1:

ALWAYS get Applecare. Always.

According to BsearsSF on the Apple Discussion forums...

Look in the paperwork that they gave you when you got your ibook back. When I paid the flat fee, Apple guaranteed it for 90 days, and usually they can fudge that a bit. My MLB failed for the 2nd time after a little less than 4 months, and they took it back and fixed it for free.

If all else fails seriously throw a fit. They have precedent of taking in repeat repairs and they should take yours back if you talk to the right people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.