Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedivulcan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Well, two weeks ago I got this lovely replacement Macbook Pro from Apple. The left side of the screen's backlight is darker than the left side. What do I do? I'm so ****** off right now. This is my 6th Macbook Pro
1) Warped Casing/Latch Wouldn't Close
2) Warped Casing, Screen wouldn't close, worst than last one
3) Hinge cracked, squeaking even if you touched the screen
4) Superdrive DOA
5) Superdrive DOA
6) Apple decides to "comp" me for my troubles. Free upgrade to 3gb and 200gb HDD. A free black 80gb iPod, and free Final Cut Studio 2.
Two weeks with this machine. The backlight on the display shows signs of inconsistency and fading.

What do I do? I feel almost insane that I've been through this mess. I honestly thought highly of Apple products, but this is ABSURD. I know what I see, and it's faded. I'm scared. This is crazy. I'm not doing anything to these machines. I'm shocked. I have two Toshiba laptops sitting downstairs, one glossy, and one matte, and regardless at what setting of brightness put the damn things on, it's consistent. They both, combined, cost less than this MBP. What do I do? Help!

Tadros

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2007
New Jersey
Bad luck is all.

Well, two weeks ago I got this lovely replacement Macbook Pro from Apple. The left side of the screen's backlight is darker than the left side. What do I do? I'm so ****** off right now. This is my 6th Macbook Pro
1) Warped Casing/Latch Wouldn't Close
2) Warped Casing, Screen wouldn't close, worst than last one
3) Hinge cracked, squeaking even if you touched the screen
4) Superdrive DOA
5) Superdrive DOA
6) Apple decides to "comp" me for my troubles. Free upgrade to 3gb and 200gb HDD. A free black 80gb iPod, and free Final Cut Studio 2.
Two weeks with this machine. The backlight on the display shows signs of inconsistency and fading.

What do I do? I feel almost insane that I've been through this mess. I honestly thought highly of Apple products, but this is ABSURD. I know what I see, and it's faded. I'm scared. This is crazy. I'm not doing anything to these machines. I'm shocked. I have two Toshiba laptops sitting downstairs, one glossy, and one matte, and regardless at what setting of brightness put the damn things on, it's consistent. They both, combined, cost less than this MBP. What do I do? Help!

Do you know how many iPods I've owned? I'm on my 6th

1. 3G (15GB) - Battery Lasted a half hour - hour
2. 3G (20GB) - Battery Lasted a half hour - hour
3. 4G (30GB) - Battery Sucked again!!!!
4. 5G (30GB) - Input jack broke
5. 5G (60GB) - Stuck on lock mode
6. 5.5G (60GB) - Perfect (but it was a referb)

Each time the iPod broke apple sent me a new one. That's why I love the Apple Care Plan, cause they HAVE to help you cause you paid for the extra coverage. Don't think it's you, it's just bad luck. Apple makes great products, but with every great product their are flaws. So you just gotta deal and get the Apple Care Plan :p . Just call them up and tell them the problem again and hope to God you get a good one that will last you, and hey look at the upside, you got all the free stuff! Apple just kept upping my GB and Generation lol

Applenewb

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2007
You should return it and speak with the manager. Unfortunately nuclear silos require two people to turn the keys simultaneously for just this reason.

amoda

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
Wow...that..really sucks. You should call AppleCare again and this time ask to talk to the big bosses. Try and see if you can get it personally expected before shipping it to you. I'm assuming that you live too far from an apple store or whatnot since you get them shipped to you (DOA superdrives). Statistically this just shouldn't be happening to you. And hey they'll probably up it to 4gb this time :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.