Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: $25 Million for Sadam!

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Ok, nice chunk of change - but doesn't it seem a bit small?

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/07/03/sprj.irq.main/index.html

Maybe they're also trying to insult him a bit, who knows.

D

oh snap! i guess it's time to let the cat out of the basement and turn him in.

Sorry buddy, but it's your time to go....come one now, don't cry. You'll like prison better than my basement. hahaha

Well, this just proves that the "war in iraq" was a complete failure, as we didn't eliminate who we wanted to eliminate. Who's to say that he won't have connections with whomever gets put in charge when we're done occupying Iraq... and he'll help call the shots.

Well, we're committed to another vietnam, troops stuck there indefinitely.

Only good thing is maybe Bush won't be re-elected. :D

Ah well. I guess that whole playing card idea... the soldiers must not have realized who they were after. ;)

too much time playing poker for canteens maybe....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: Re: $25 Million for Sadam!

Originally posted by Moxiemike
Well, this just proves that the "war in iraq" was a complete failure, as we didn't eliminate who we wanted to eliminate. Who's to say that he won't have connections with whomever gets put in charge when we're done occupying Iraq... and he'll help call the shots
wasnt the main plan to just get him out or order. they did they, no longer does he run his country. now he is dead or he is gone somewhere, and they are just gonna put a price on his head because they can afford it and make those iraqi's something to do each day.

iJon

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Re: Re: Re: $25 Million for Sadam!

Originally posted by iJon
wasnt the main plan to just get him out or order. they did they, no longer does he run his country. now he is dead or he is gone somewhere, and they are just gonna put a price on his head because they can afford it and make those iraqi's something to do each day.

iJon

The original plan varies depending on the conversation (don't bother going back and looking at what bush said, history is now 100% selective)-- Sometimes it was to eliminate the WMDs (not a very common thought anymore, bush is changing history to write this part out), sometimes it was to kill Saddam, sometimes it was to liberate the Iraqi people. Really it depends on who you ask, and who's being accused of what.

:)

I'm gonna be shocked as hell if they actually get Saddam. I mean, if they let him live, they have another war in the making... He's bound to be harbored by some country that we happen to dislike, and we're bound to take out that country's government because of it. Mark my words, wait and see if he doesn't turn up under asylum in Syria or Iran (lol).

pnw

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that we could capture Saddam alive or dead it would end much of the curent violence against our troops. It's possible that he is behind these attacks. The militants may be doing this in the hope that he will return!

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I'd be surprised if we catch him. It will probably go on like Osama Bin Laden. But hopefully one day we will catch both of them.

tazo

macrumors 68040
Originally posted by paulwhannel
i really hoped i wouldn't have to explain this one... Axis of evil, ya know... nevermind.

hey I got it :p

I think that a lot of people are going to bring in decoys. now that would be sort of a backhanded compliment. you act as saddam so well, we are going to kill you .

For the unemployed...

$50 for 10 sessions in a tanning bed
$5 for hair dye
8 weeks for a beginning beard or $10 for a fake one.
$2000 plane fare

okay, you're in IRAQ.

$5 for crappy clothes
$1500 for fake identification papers
$500 for a gun
$15 for bullets

plan on spending $10,000 for transportation all over the country.

Find him. Shoot him.

Collect $24,995,925 for your troubles.

:cool:

Pismo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2002
NH
Dead or alive?

It probably would be better if he was taken alive. He has a lot of look-alikes. Although, would it be so bad if someone shot Geraldo Rivera for looking somewhat like Saddam? I didn't think so.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
An audio tape suspected to be Saddam Hussein was played on Al Jazeera yesterday. He called for continued resistance of occupiers in Iraq. The CIA has reviewed the tape and believes it to be authentic. So now we are looking for a live Saddam. As the olympic bomber proves, eventually we will capture Saddam!

themadchemist

macrumors 68030
Jan 31, 2003
Chi Town
Originally posted by applemacdude
Well since there are so many decoys isn't it hard to determine if it really is him...oh dna test ....

But wouldn't that require us to have DNA to match it against?

GWB: "Hey Laura! Could you get somma dat Saddam DNA out of the fridge?"
Laura: "Where is it?"
GWB: "It's right next to bin Laden's blood sample and Tony Blair's backbone!"

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.