Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Am I correct in saying that there's no games on the iPhone?

Perhaps that the secret app/something that people have been speculating about.

Most phones I have owned have had games.

Any ideas?

EDIT: iPods have games already... Why not the iPhone?

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
London
Yeah I was thinking that.. maybe Apple are just going to come out with the same games for iPod but changed to work with touch screen controls.

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Yeah I was thinking that.. maybe Apple are just going to come out with the same games for iPod but changed to work with touch screen controls.

i am sure that there will be games, sold via itunes. apple wouldnt miss out on this opportunity, and with touch screen, should be interesting to see what brilliant control methods they come up with.

i hope that isnt all they show people though

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
I presume to that it would be a more powerfull device than the iPod which could mean impressive graphics.

Retired
May 16, 2006
If they open in up to development...I'm sure S/NES emulators will come in no time.

If not, at least iPhone Linux will be awesome :)

lom8104

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2005
If the motion sensor is sophisticated enough (think wii, six-axis) then the iPhone could have some decent controls for FPS and racing games.

sio2interactive

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2008
iPhone & iPod Touch Game Development

There's obviously some serious game development going on the on iPhone & iPod Touch platform, especially from the Indie side compare to current game companies that are simply porting old stuff that they got instead of building from scratch for the platform...

Checkout SIO2 Interactive and the SIO2 engine technology, there's a huge community of indie game developer based around it.

Home
http://sio2interactive.com

Forum
http://sio2interactive.forumotion.net

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.