Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:11 PM   #1
fud122
macrumors member

Can I convert a pdf document to jpeg?

I have a document in pdf format that I would like to convert to jpeg (or another similar picture format). Preview allows me to do this but only one page at a time. I would ideally like to convert all the pages at once. Thanks.
fud122 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:14 PM   #2
puckhead193
macrumors G3

open in preview and do a save as - save as jpeg

edit - just read your post.... try selecting all in the drawer
their is a free app something PDF, of course its on my iMac
iPod Touch, 64 GB iPhone 5, 64 GB iPad 3
puckhead193 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:14 PM   #3
samh004
macrumors 68020

I've never worked out how to do all the pages at the same time either
Old Jun 10, 2007, 11:38 PM   #4
gr8tfly
macrumors 603

Try this:

Select "Print...". Click on the "PDF" button and select "Save PDF to iPhoto".

This will run a workflow (Automator) which will ask you for a location to store the imported images (Album name).

It'll create a new Album in iPhoto with the images imported from the PDF document. They're JPEGS.

The individual file names were a bit cryptic, in my test case, but it might have been the original PDF document I was using.

btw: I just discovered this as a result of your question - thanks. It might be useful sometime.
gr8tfly is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 12:26 AM   #5
cazlar
macrumors 6502

If you have GraphicConverter, it can do this (through it's Convert & Modify panel). Select the PDF, and it should spit out multiple JPEGs.
cazlar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 10:46 AM   #6
fud122
macrumors member

Thanks for your replies everyone! I tried that PDF to iPhoto thing and it worked perfectly as did Graphic Converter.
fud122 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:51 AM   #7
LU06TON
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fud122 View Post
Thanks for your replies everyone! I tried that PDF to iPhoto thing and it worked perfectly as did Graphic Converter.
I have the same problem.. i have done that but i cannot seem to take it off iPhoto.. but it has converted it to JPEG but i cannot seen to take it off iPhoto andput it on my iPod for example please help !
LU06TON is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:53 AM   #8
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LU06TON View Post
I have the same problem.. i have done that but i cannot seem to take it off iPhoto.. but it has converted it to JPEG but i cannot seen to take it off iPhoto andput it on my iPod for example please help !
You can drag it from iPhoto to your desktop. Do you have photo syncing set up in iTunes to sync the right album? Is there enough space on your iPod?
r.j.s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2009, 03:04 AM   #9
telecomm
macrumors 65816

If you want to do this without having to run through iPhoto (I know I wouldn't want jpg copies of PDF pages cluttering up my iPhoto library), build this custom workflow in Automator.

(This will also output a single PDF for each page in the document, but you could clean that up by adding further actions to this workflow.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	2169
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	159629  
telecomm is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:32 AM   #10
currybeach
macrumors newbie

telecomm. thanks for your suggestion, it worked great. i am new to using automator and can't believe how easy it makes everything.
currybeach is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2010, 09:27 AM   #11
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

Wow.

This popped up on google and I'm excited!!! Ive never used automator, but it could be my new best friend, THANKS!!!!

(although, this means a ton of coloring pages for the kids on my iPad, I don't think I will like that as much as them huh?)
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2012, 04:29 AM   #12
initialsBB
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomm View Post
If you want to do this without having to run through iPhoto (I know I wouldn't want jpg copies of PDF pages cluttering up my iPhoto library), build this custom workflow in Automator.

(This will also output a single PDF for each page in the document, but you could clean that up by adding further actions to this workflow.)
Nice ! Love Automator
initialsBB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:49 AM   #13
wizzkid100
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fud122 View Post
I have a document in pdf format that I would like to convert to jpeg (or another similar picture format). Preview allows me to do this but only one page at a time. I would ideally like to convert all the pages at once. Thanks.
Hi all its really easy to change the file by opening the file in preview and clicking export from the file menu, in export it all there for you, just save the file to where you want and its done after you have changed the file etc... good luck hope this helped.
wizzkid100 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:48 AM   #14
sofasurfer
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzkid100 View Post
Hi all its really easy to change the file by opening the file in preview and clicking export from the file menu, in export it all there for you, just save the file to where you want and its done after you have changed the file etc... good luck hope this helped.
Thank you for that..been trying to figure it out.
sofasurfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2013, 05:22 PM   #15
WilliamBos
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to WilliamBos
Thank you!!

Opening preview and doing below worked Perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tfly View Post
Try this:

This will run a workflow (Automator) which will ask you for a location to store the imported images (Album name).

It'll create a new Album in iPhoto with the images imported from the PDF document. They're JPEGS.

The individual file names were a bit cryptic, in my test case, but it might have been the original PDF document I was using.

btw: I just discovered this as a result of your question - thanks. It might be useful sometime.
iPhone 4S
WilliamBos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:33 AM   #16
JonathanNgo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBos View Post
Thank you!!

Opening preview and doing below worked Perfect!!

I do as below

Quote:
1. Ask for Finder Items

2. Render PDF Pages as Images

3. Move Finder Items (set location to the folder you want them to be in)

4. Rename Finder Items (for you to set the item of final files.)
This will give you better image quality (since you can set it up at step 2)
JonathanNgo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2013, 09:56 AM   #17
chumawumba
Banned

Screenshot every page.
chumawumba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 07:29 AM   #18
TheRush
macrumors newbie

hello i am also looking for this
i have searched the web for a couple of hours now in total and the best ive come up is pdfjpg.de/ .
The problem is I can't open the file sometimes after conversion is done, and also it takes quite long...
Does anyone know of any up to date sites that are working perfectly? Ive seen some of you have posted some solutions already I will check those out, hope they work on my pro

regards
TheRush is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2014, 11:49 AM   #19
crazypeter
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tfly View Post
Try this:

My 10.8.5 mac does not have the option to "Save PDF to iPhoto" only to save as various pdf options, although there is an "Edit Menu" option which when clicked produces a "Printing workflows" box, where you can input text. I get the same print options in Firefox as well!

Any advice, will be gratefully received.
Old Mar 5, 2014, 12:19 PM   #20
crazypeter
macrumors member

If I go to "File", then "Duplicate" and "Save as", I can save a page individually as a jpg, but I would like to save all the pages of the pdf in one go.

I can also "Save as", as a jpg for one image at a time too.

Last edited by crazypeter; Mar 5, 2014 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Added last sentence
crazypeter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2014, 01:50 AM   #21
Rugreally
macrumors newbie

Acrobat has never worked for converting batch PDF's for me. Always hangs and then crashes.

For pdf to word Mac: pdf to word mac
For pdf to jpg: pdf to jpg on Mac

Last edited by Rugreally; Aug 7, 2014 at 02:56 AM.
Rugreally is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store