Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:53 PM   #1
Zianac
macrumors member

Help! Can't set playlist order in Itunes.

First off I'm a new mac user and a new itunes user... I just created a new playlist in Itunes... for some reason it keeps skipping songs in the play list. I've checked to see if the shuffle mode is on, and it isn't... All i want it to do is play down the list... i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6... instead it does something like 1,5,6,12,16,36,54... in no particular order... Please help...
Zianac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:57 PM   #2
Aniej
macrumors 68000

and you have checked that the top bar of iTunes doesn't have something like artist name or album selected? Can you post a screenshot, it might help since you are a bit new to the scene. try selecting on the far left column the column that is numbered 1-whatever number you have in the playlist.
Aniej is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2007, 11:59 PM   #3
samh004
macrumors 68020

Are all the items in the playlist "checked" with a tick next to them ?
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:00 AM   #4
Zianac
macrumors member

I'm at work right now (U.S. Navy) and the only thing I can connect to the internet are military owned PC's. but... I'd be willing to tell you all the information you'd need to know... for now I'll try what you said to see if it works...
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:06 AM   #5
Zianac
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samh004 View Post
Are all the items in the playlist "checked" with a tick next to them ?
Thanks this worked... if I check them all... they play in order. Thanks! However... I have it set that the checked items are the only ones that sync with my 4gb ipod nano... and I have way more than 4gb worth of music... am I just gonna have to check everything and manually sync the music?

*Edit* I think I answered my own question... Thanks for being patient with me... I'm a recent switcher from PC's so it's all foreign to me. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by Zianac; Jun 12, 2007 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Problem Solved
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:20 AM   #6
samh004
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zianac View Post
Thanks this worked... if I check them all... they play in order. Thanks! However... I have it set that the checked items are the only ones that sync with my 4gb ipod nano... and I have way more than 4gb worth of music... am I just gonna have to check everything and manually sync the music?

*Edit* I think I answered my own question... Thanks for being patient with me... I'm a recent switcher from PC's so it's all foreign to me. Thanks for all the help!
Before you start re-checking all the songs, select the checked ones, that you wanted to use on your iPod, then go to file, "create new playlist from selection" or something similar (I'm not looking at iTunes right now). Alternatively just drag the songs you want to a new playlist, whenever you find a new song you like, drag it to the new playlist. you can have as many playlists as you want.

Then when you next connect your iPod you just set it to sync that playlist. And you can have all your songs that you want to play, "checked".

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store