Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Them graphics are wonderful, I had no idea the DS could do that good. Oh ya- Nintendo console and Nintendo game :D

I want this to be good. I'm a fan of "land" based Zelda games but if they pull off something like Windwaker with bigger islands then I'd be very content.

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
That looks like a good step up from every other DS game.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Seems cool enough for a handheld Zelda. I'm near the end of TP and it's making me all kinds of mad so it's hard to get excited for a Zelda game right now :) .

What's the deal with the stick on the right page? It's showing you having to move the stylus back and forth on the touch screen. I really hope there's not too much of that kind of stuff. Games with too much touch screen outside of games directly made for that drive me nuts....Diddy Kong anyone?

Paul

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Seems cool enough for a handheld Zelda. I'm near the end of TP and it's making me all kinds of mad so it's hard to get excited for a Zelda game right now :) .

What's the deal with the stick on the right page? It's showing you having to move the stylus back and forth on the touch screen. I really hope there's not too much of that kind of stuff. Games with too much touch screen outside of games directly made for that drive me nuts....Diddy Kong anyone?

Paul

I played the game at E3; it's entirely touch controlled. No button usage whatsoever.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Multiplayer was pretty fun too, though I only got to try one game mode for five minutes.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
What I find interesting about this game, is that it's got a lot of people eagerly anticipating this.. and yet a lot of these people who are anticipating this are the same people who turned their noses up-to WindWaker because of it's graphical style.

Kind of ironic.....

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
This is the one game I really want more than anything else right now.

Who's the creepy looking guy riding in my BOAT?!!! :mad: I hope that unlike the Tingle demon, I'll actually be able to kill this EVIL. :eek:

<]=)

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
I played the game at E3; it's entirely touch controlled. No button usage whatsoever.
That is really a turn off for me. I really don't like using the touch screen with games like that. Some games it is ok, but most I prefer the normal button controls. :eek:

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Actually that makes me kind of intrigued. The thought of switching back and forth constantly or awkwardly trying to do touch in the midst of analogue is what bothered me most. If it's all touch you can get used to things...

Paul

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Looks kinda meh....sounds painful, one giant dungeon with time running out? urgh.

Nintendo, It's not too late to cancel and forget WW ever happened (ok, it is but I can dream).

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
Wind Waker is an excellent game. I hope the monkeys that were too busy being hard-corn and have a Wii now, will give the game a serious go. I'm still confused by the fact that many didn't like it, because the game was cartoony. Zelda has always been cartoony.

Magical Starsign required heavy use of the stylus and they pulled it off. It showed me it can be done. Prior to this game, I've only had bad experiences with touch-controls for games on my PDAs.

<]=)

greatdevourer

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2005
That is really a turn off for me. I really don't like using the touch screen with games like that. Some games it is ok, but most I prefer the normal button controls. :eek:
Here here - Touch is OK, but for anything other than minigames or "alternative games", being all-touch just doesn't work - cool as the stylus is, buttons are still a necessity

ChrisK018

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2005
Washington, DC
I also read on the IGN site here how a 'must have buttons' doubter was impressed. So let's just hold off our judgement (yeah, right) until it comes out.

Um... when is it coming out?!?!

Ja Di ksw

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
So, is everyone excited? Zelda comes out in 2 days!

Holy hell, I completely lost track of looking at games and didn't know this until today!!!!!!!! I've been looking forward to this game since it was first previewed. Time for the credit card to take one more hit it can't afford . . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.