Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diehardmacfan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
Apple sent out an email as attached saying that you can get zero percent interest on a new mac for 24 months but the offer ends June, 30th.

Does this mean that apple is clearing their trying to clear their stock before releasing new products or updating products.

It could be updated iMacs/Mac Pros/headless iMac.

I really hope so.

What are your opinions?

Thanks.

Julian:)

:apple:

diehardmacfan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 12, 2007
sry i forgot to post the email

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    219.9 KB · Views: 192

iaddict

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
24 months 0% - but

you have to spend a minimum of $5000 and they divide the total purchase by 24 months to get your monthly lease payment. This is for businesses only -

gaelan

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2005
What are your opinions?

I think Apple is trying to make money off of those that cannot truly afford a mac. Kinda irresponsible if you ask me. How about this for an ad? Buy a Mac when you can afford one. Don't depend on gimmicky financing schemes...pay cash.

I liken these type of offers to the title loan places you see in between the liquor store and adult video shop.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
I think Apple is trying to make money off of those that cannot truly afford a mac. Kinda irresponsible if you ask me. How about this for an ad? Buy a Mac when you can afford one. Don't depend on gimmicky financing schemes...pay cash.

I liken these type of offers to the title loan places you see in between the liquor store and adult video shop.
For a small business or self-employed person it makes sense to lease and tax-deduct it as an expense instead of buying and calculating the depreciation for tax purposes. Don't jump to conclusions.

Igantius

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2007
For a small business or self-employed person it makes sense to lease and tax-deduct it as an expense instead of buying and calculating the depreciation for tax purposes. Don't jump to conclusions.
Well, put!

But larger companies can benefit from leasing too.

One advantage of leasing, is usually you get updated hardware at regular intervals. One digital design agency I used to work for, used to get new top of the range machines every 2 years under their agreement.

Plus, if something goes wrong with the machine you don't have to worry about repair bills.

That company's main IT guy told me that, although leasing for them was more expensive in the short-term, in the long-term they saved loads by not wasting time and money on repairs and buying assets that depreciate quickly.

Also, if the UK, you can claim 100% of leasing costs off your tax bill; if you buy the computer, you can now only claim between 30-50%.

Genghis Khan

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
apple have been sending me ad emails periodically since i bought my macs...they're nothing special

but yeah...it's foolish to take a loan out for anythign other than a house (and maybe a car, but we're getting into financial theory here)...yet we see 80% of the developed world has a running credit card debt.

if i took out a loan for a mac, it'd end up with the 8core mac pro with all the toppings...and a debt that could've been spent wiser on a new ford focus

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.