Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masahiro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
I have just gotten my 2.4 SR MBP, as I was going through the manual that came with the macbook pro, I noticed that in the maunal it has a picture indicating that the MBP has a isight indicator light, but I cannot find it anywhere on my 2.4 SR MBP. Did Apple removed it? or I have gotten the one without it?

I know it is nothing but it just makes me feel safer knowing my isight is not on when I am not using it.

Thanks

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I believe it was taken out after the original Core Duo MacBook Pros. The mention of it in the manual was probably accidentally left over from the original MacBook Pro manual.

Taylor C

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2007
I don't have a SR MBP (I've got an older C2D), but mine doesn't have an indicator light either--not one you can see if it's off, anyway. It's hidden below the bezel next to the camera. Open PhotoBooth to test this.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I was under the impression that it only turns on, and is visible under the bezel, when the iSight is in use. As mentioned, use Photo Booth or open iChat and test the camera, and you'll see a green light appear as if from no where.

It's to the right of the camera I think, to the left is the mic.

As shown in the following picture from the apple site.

isight_cameranim20061024.gif

TubbyCow

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2007
Yeah its definetly on there, but it only can be seen when the camera is in use. It is a little to the right of the camera

smartalic34

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
USA
I was under the impression that it only turns on, and is visible under the bezel, when the iSight is in use. As mentioned, use Photo Booth or open iChat and test the camera, and you'll see a green light appear as if from no where.

It's to the right of the camera I think, to the left is the mic.

The indicator is indeed to the right of the iSight. However, while the mic is to the left of the iSight on the MacBook, the mic is underneath the left speaker grille of the MacBook Pro, just to clarify:)

masahiro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2005
The indicator is indeed to the right of the iSight. However, while the mic is to the left of the iSight on the MacBook, the mic is underneath the left speaker grille of the MacBook Pro, just to clarify:)

I felt pretty dumb after turning on the isight and the indicator light pop up from no where! Thank you all for the extra info :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.