Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

While Steve Jobs gave us an exact time (6 p.m.) to line up for buy an iPhone, he didn't go into many details.

As it turns out, the iPhone will be sold on June 29th at 6 p.m. local time -- so East Coasters will get a full 3 hour head start over their West Coast counterparts.

A memo sent by AT&T confirmed this today:
The iPhone will go on sale on at AT&T retail stores June 29 at 6 p.m. local time in each market.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i wonder how ordering online will work. will i have to wait until 6pm to order online? whose 6pm will it be? pacific, eastern, central? maybe i should camp out at an apple store.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
i wonder how ordering online will work. will i have to wait until 6pm to order online? whose 6pm will it be? pacific, eastern, central? maybe i should camp out at an apple store.

I think you can only get it in Apple Stores and AT&T stores, not online.

anubis

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2003
I hadn't thought about it until now. Dangit! I guess us pacific coasters are SOL :(

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
I hadn't thought about it until now. Dangit! I guess us pacific coasters are SOL :(

I'm totally gonna get my iPhone at 6 PM in New York, and then use my teleportation machine and then STICK IT to those lamers in SF.

It's just 3 hours haha. :)

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
But will the phone be on display and available for people to test when the stores open?! That way people can get their hands on it and make up their minds if they really want to dole out 500-600+ for the phone and possibly plan!

powerbuddy

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
I don't think there would be a lot of rush to buy this piece of crap. 600$ for a multi-touch screen? I don't think so. Maybe if the price drops........ :D :apple:

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
When are they revealing the AT&T price plans?
That's very important and I wish they had that info already available so people can start planning what to do.
That's lame that until now we have not heard anything about this matter. :mad:

bcarson1

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2007
SoCal
I don't think there would be a lot of rush to buy this piece of crap. 600$ for a multi-touch screen? I don't think so. Maybe if the price drops........ :D :apple:

Whats the point of this post. Im sure most of the people here dont care what you have to say if it is a stupid comment like the one you made.

MattyMac

macrumors 68000
Oct 6, 2005
NJ/NYC
Sweeeet...it wasn't a joke. Now I can get my girlfriend to wait in line if I have to during the day while I'm at work. She is soooooo sweet...maybe I'll buy her an iphone too. There was no way I was going to camp out. Now to figure out which store to go to.

emerrill

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
According to calls to AT&T stores, they just got info today. The data plan is $40. Stores will close at 430-5 to prep for the release, and then reopen at 6.

PharmD

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2005
Oregon Coast
ugh. if there's one thing i hate more than anything in this world, it's waiting in line.

So I asked an Apple Store employee today about the time I should start lining up for an iPhone and here's what he told me.

"Here's a tip. Go onto our store concierge on the 27th and make an appointment for a personal shopping session on the 29th."

Line avoided if what he says is true.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.