Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshbckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Is there any way to get a print out or list of all the applications I've put on my computer? I know I could just go to list view of my Applications folder, but I'd like to be able to have a comprehensive list including the app name, version, company, etc. That way if I'm trying to keep multiple systems in sync (like my laptop and desktop) with the same apps and plugins, I can easily do so.

Is there some way to do this?

PCMacUser

macrumors 68000
Jan 13, 2005
Is there any way to get a print out or list of all the applications I've put on my computer? I know I could just go to list view of my Applications folder, but I'd like to be able to have a comprehensive list including the app name, version, company, etc. That way if I'm trying to keep multiple systems in sync (like my laptop and desktop) with the same apps and plugins, I can easily do so.

There's no way that I know of. It's one of those Windows features that would be nice to have on OS X.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
About This Mac > More Info > Software > Applications

And yes, you can print it.

You can also sort that list. Nice way to get a bird's-eye view of which applications are PowerPC (running under Rosetta) and which are Universal. I'm trying my hardest to get rid of all the PPC programs. Just for the hell of it. :)

jshbckr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 20, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Wow, that's exactly what I was hoping for. That's exactly how I imagined it in my mind and it's built right into OS X! Fantastic!

Thanks!

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon

Built right into Spotlight:
- In Finder hit Command-F to bring up a search window
- Select Kind=Applications and click the "Computer" button, et voila!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.