Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Santa Rosa Macbook Pro did you order/buy?

• 15", 2.2 GHz

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • 15", 2.4 GHz

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • 17", Normal Screen

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 17", High Res Screen

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • No Upgrades

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Just RAM Upgraded

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Just HDD Upgraded

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • Both RAM and HDD Upgraded

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Matte Screen

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • Glossy Screen

Votes: 19 26.4%

• Total voters

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
So, what SR MBP did you get?

And did you get any upgrades? Please post!

Note you can and should if applicable vote for more than one thing. Please read through the options and tick one from each of the three sections.

1) What computer did you go for (4 options)
2) What upgrades did you go for (another 4 options)
3) Glossy or Matte Screen? (2 options (obviously))

Tried to make it so everyone will be able to give one vote for each of the three sections, so please do!

Apologies if I've missed anything.

And please post to tell us why you made these choices!

PS I seem to have a knack for making overly complicated polls :)

EDIT: Poll's up, Applecare section cut. Too long!

Sopranino

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Ordered the following
15": Portability factor was the reason for choosing 15" over 17"

2.4 GHz: Longevity, my upgrade cycle is around 3 to 3.5 years so the fastest processor available at order time should enable the computer to run new software even when the computer gets up to 3 years of age.

Glossy Screen: I do a lot of audio editing and I've found that the colour contrast in glossy screens are slightly better than matte screens which helps out when doing detail work on waveforms.

Great poll Erasmus

Sopranino

Sir Diggamus

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2007
Stogieville
I choose the 2.2Ghz model MBP because I wanted to go "pro" but still stay within a budget (student and father). I decided to upgrade the HD to 160Gb @5400 because 40GB more space for $67 seemed like a no-brainer. I choose a glossy screen because of the richer color it provides and a few friends that have this said they have no glare issues. The only drawback is that I having to wait for it instead of driving 20 min to the Apple store and picking one off the shelf.

This will be my first Mac and I am extremely excited about it. Cant wait to begin using it! :D :apple:

StayingOccupied

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2007
I chose the 17" Hi-Res because I wanted the biggest i could get, since screen size matters to me. I got matte too because I like it, even though i havent used a glossy before.

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
1) What computer did you go for
2) What upgrades did you go for
3) Glossy or Matte Screen?

1: I ordered the 17'' Hi-Rez because I'm looking for a desktop replacement. Got some tax money back, so I could just as well gor for the biggest and best :D. I'm an amateur photographer and would like the ability to work whereever I go. After I read posts from people who had seen or gotten the 17'' Hi Rez I knew I made the right choice

I upgraded only the HDD to a 160GB 7200RPM. That RAM updrade was WAY too expensive. I never even considered it at that price!

Matte: Heard that was prefferable when into photography :)

Can't wait to get it and install photoshop on it, so I can get on with my picture editing

cbatt

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2004
Stock 2.2 Ghz, 15.4", matte screen.

The +200 Mhz, +128MB VRAM of the 2.4 model simply doesn't justify the $500 price increase.

I didn't upgrade the internal drive. High capacity and/or high speed internal drives on notebooks waste battery life and if (when!) they fail, they're a PITA to replace (especially on the MBPs). FW800 or eSATA is the only way to fly - cheap, simple to replace, simple to upgrade, and they're far more robust.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
See? Isn't this poll just so much better than the cheaper imitations?
:p

So, people only go 17" for the HD upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.