Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:55 AM   #1
jsklar
macrumors member

Auto CCing in Apple Mail

So at work I'm on an email list that goes to a few other people with the same job as me. Whenever I reply to an email sent to that list, I need to CC the list so that my colleagues and I don't reply to the same person twice (it's bad when we do - especially with different answers!).

I'm wondering if I could write some script to recognize when our list name is in the To: header and having the reply automatically fill in the list name to the Cc: field. Any ideas how to go about that?

Or it might just be easier to have an email address automatically filled in to the Cc: field on every outgoing message regardless (since pretty much every email I send through Apple Mail at work needs to be Cc'ed). Is there a plugin that exists for that?

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!

-j
jsklar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2007, 12:21 PM   #2
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Is this a listserv list, or is it just a bunch of people in the To: and CC: fields? Doesn't "reply-to-all" (the button next to reply that has two arrows instead of one) do what you want?

If it does, one cute little feature about Mail is that if you hit reply, and you start to write, and you realize you forgot to reply-to-all, then you still have that reply-to-all button at the top of the reply you're composing, and if you click it, you'll add the other recipients without losing the message.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store