Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jul 6, 2003, 10:21 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

MacBytes: Mac virus is number 78 in most common chart -- "despite the...

Link: Mac virus is number 78 in most common chart -- "despite their cool designer looks, Apple Macs are failing to capture interest amongst the counter culture which writes viruses"
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jul 8, 2003, 02:23 AM   #2
britboy
macrumors 68030

I've often wondered why this is this case. I know that macs account for a smaller market share of the total computers out there, and that virus writers like to make the maximum impact possible, but still. There's still enough macs for a mac-specific virus to have an effect, and be noticed. Is it because most of these individuals who write viruses for windows do so because they feel an animosity towards microsoft that they don't towards apple?

Whatever the reason, I'm happy not having to worry about some virus screwing with my mac
Old Jul 8, 2003, 02:56 AM   #3
Wardofsky
macrumors 65816

This might explain why defacers-challenge had the maximum of 5 points for Macintosh based server.

If you advertise that we are virus-free, what might happen after that?

Well, I downloaded the Virex with .Mac account but haven't really used it.
Wardofsky is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion