Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drpepper99uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Hello,

Everytime I load up iTunes it keeps asking me to enter in my password, it mentions something about checking for items that have been purchased but may need to be downloaded yet.

I think this may have come about after downloading an album that had 2 music video's intergrated within in it that I had paused due to their filesize, and then accidently pushed the delete key. However after reloading iTunes it resumed downloading them after they suddenly appeared in the download tab where they originally was, and they have successfully finished downloading.

So what else wold cause this to happen? Is there a way to stop this message appearing? Sure it's not a hard task to enter in a password each time you load up, but I'm not the only user of my iTunes account.

Michael.

Drpepper99uk

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
UPDATE:

Hello,

I have managed to solve this problem by deleting the P.List file in the download folder which appears to be the root cause of this problem after doing a Google search and seeing that I was one of many that wax experiencing this problem.:)

Michael.

Treats

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2007
Worked for me

Go to ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Downloads (or wherever you keep your iTunes library) and delete the .plist file (or, if you're particulartly cautious, just move it or rename it.) Restart iTunes and you should be home free. I think it's checking for incomplete music store downloads or something, but it doesn't update it properly when the download is complete.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
I keep getting the pop up box when trying to watch PodCast when not logged in.

CLG

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2007
Go to ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Downloads (or wherever you keep your iTunes library) and delete the .plist file (or, if you're particulartly cautious, just move it or rename it.) Restart iTunes and you should be home free. I think it's checking for incomplete music store downloads or something, but it doesn't update it properly when the download is complete.

Ok, so I have a slightly different problem, and I'd like to know if the above solution will solve it as well.

I am trying to download an episode of a TV show, and the first time I purchased it, I received error code 8008 (pop-up window says that the file appear corrupted and cannot download). It suggests doing the "check for purchases" thing, but each time I do that I still get the same error message.

I'm thinking I need to delete the partially downloaded file, and THEN check for purchases to re-download the whole thing. However, I cannot find the hidden partial file.

Any suggestions?!?

Thanks for the help...

CLG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.