Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deanops

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
i was dragging my apps folder to my dock and let it go.. and saw it smoke up and go.. what do id do.. help please

my bad.. i dragged it from the sidebar.. obviously didnt know thats a shortcutt.. you learns something neew everyday

banjomamo

macrumors regular
May 9, 2006
USA
in most cases if you try and delete or move something outside of your home directory it will require an admin password before it executes.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I'm assuming you moved the apps folder from the side bar in the finder, just go to Macintosh HD and drag the apps folder back in.

redboard

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2007
if you havnt figured it out already. open finder and you should be able to click on some preferences or some other thing (at the top) i cant tell you exactly cuz i'm at work and not on a mac right now, but you'll find a place where it'll actually ask you what you want in that shortcut menu. you'll find your apps box unchecked. sorry if thats a little unclear, i'll post in more detail later if you havnt solved it yet.

ready2switch

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2006
Hehe, I did this too on Friday and freaked.

In the Finder menu go to preferences and the choose sidebar. There are some check boxes. Just check applications at the bottom and you're good to go.

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
I knew someone who did this once and got so mad they threw the computer on the floor - in some cultures that helps i guess. They were madder when I explained they just deleted the shortcut!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.