Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Telent? Watching opera brings out the middle-class in everyone, you see. :D

Anyway, great voice, still a little rough on the phrasing in the second clip, but that song — Con Te Partiro — always brings me out out in goosebumps. Good on him... nice to see Cowell almost dumbstruck for once, prick that he is.

But shouldn't you be watching Big Brother instead? ;)

jimN

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2005
London
If he wins do you think he could get his teeth done? He's not really helping the British stereotype.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
jimN shut the hell up!

Awsome!

He better win, and some people on digg and youtube need to stop making fun of this guy, he is probably a better person than any of those people are. Actually he IS.

He seems very nice too.

British people better vote for him.

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
It gave me goose bumps the first time I saw him on TV. And it just had the same effect again.

I hope he's the winner of tonight's final. (But I'm afraid the public will vote for the 'cute factor' of that annoying six year old girl.)

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
heehee posted this on 6/15

Not much I can say really, even if I try to describe how incredible this guy is it won't come near to describing it. You just have to see it for yourself.

View me now.

His second performance.

Seriously quite amazing, and the character of the guy just adds to it. Brilliant.

But the more posts to promote him, the better :D

I never get tired of listening to him - he truly does sing from the heart

Vidd

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2006
He's the best act on this show. It's simply incredible.
I don't know how the Mary Poppins girl got in.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
Brilliant. Just wonderful.

It's just a shame that if he wins he'll be made to put out an operatic cover of Westlife singles. Or something.

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
Incredible! One of my favourite pieces of music, performed by someone who obviously deserves some SERIOUS recognition! That had shivers going down my spine...

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
I'm really glad for that guy. The Nessum Dorma was great and still gives me chills a little when I see the audience react to the performance. Great voice.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
OK he's an amateur and a nice guy, but let's not get carried away. He's no Placido Domingo.

However, in the absence of Sr. Domingo performing at the Royal Variety Performance Paul will do fine as long as he works on his Italian pronunciation. I hope he wins.

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
Anyone have the entire final? I want to see the monkey guy and everyone else and what they did in the finals.

EDIT: never mind i found them on youtube through the above link.

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
Whats the name of that second song he sang. I've heard it before and I love it.

He is verry good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.