Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Jun 17, 2007, 01:15 PM   #1
Joeytpg
macrumors 6502

Problems with macbook airport signal reception....

hi guys, both my girlfriend and i are having problems with our macbooks airport reception.......

i have an airport express base station, it's in my living room and so far all my roomates (3 PCs) have no problem getting a good signal in the living room, while both our macbooks can't find signal IN THE LIVING ROOM ONLY. In my room it's ok, in the kitchen, bathroom, etc..only in the living room. This is weird. any idea ?

how can i solve this? i've restarted the airport express a couple of times and still nothing. I USED to have signal in the living room but it's been almost a week since i haven't been able to get signal in the lving room.

Help.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 07:28 AM   #2
zwheeloc
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to zwheeloc Send a message via Yahoo to zwheeloc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg View Post
hi guys, both my girlfriend and i are having problems with our macbooks airport reception.......

i have an airport express base station, it's in my living room and so far all my roomates (3 PCs) have no problem getting a good signal in the living room, while both our macbooks can't find signal IN THE LIVING ROOM ONLY. In my room it's ok, in the kitchen, bathroom, etc..only in the living room. This is weird. any idea ?

how can i solve this? i've restarted the airport express a couple of times and still nothing. I USED to have signal in the living room but it's been almost a week since i haven't been able to get signal in the lving room.

Help.
I am having the same issue. I have tried using iStumbler with the widget and it seems like my network of airports are all fine on channel 1 and my FIOS internet router is on channel 6. I am in the family room within about 15 feet of the airport, however, I get only 4 out of 5 bars on the airport symbol in the menu bar. Why does the MacBook have such a limited range? iStumbler says that the airport signal is only around 75% with 9% noise. In the bedroom, I am within about 8 feet of the airport and I still get 3-4 bars. How can I improve the signal reception? All airports seem to be at the latest version. (6.3?)

Zeff Wheelock
zwheeloc is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro