Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joeytpg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Vienna, Austria
hi guys, both my girlfriend and i are having problems with our macbooks airport reception.......

i have an airport express base station, it's in my living room and so far all my roomates (3 PCs) have no problem getting a good signal in the living room, while both our macbooks can't find signal IN THE LIVING ROOM ONLY. In my room it's ok, in the kitchen, bathroom, etc..only in the living room. This is weird. any idea ?

how can i solve this? i've restarted the airport express a couple of times and still nothing. I USED to have signal in the living room but it's been almost a week since i haven't been able to get signal in the lving room.

Help.

zwheeloc

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2002
Lincoln, MA
hi guys, both my girlfriend and i are having problems with our macbooks airport reception.......

i have an airport express base station, it's in my living room and so far all my roomates (3 PCs) have no problem getting a good signal in the living room, while both our macbooks can't find signal IN THE LIVING ROOM ONLY. In my room it's ok, in the kitchen, bathroom, etc..only in the living room. This is weird. any idea ?

how can i solve this? i've restarted the airport express a couple of times and still nothing. I USED to have signal in the living room but it's been almost a week since i haven't been able to get signal in the lving room.

Help.

I am having the same issue. I have tried using iStumbler with the widget and it seems like my network of airports are all fine on channel 1 and my FIOS internet router is on channel 6. I am in the family room within about 15 feet of the airport, however, I get only 4 out of 5 bars on the airport symbol in the menu bar. Why does the MacBook have such a limited range? iStumbler says that the airport signal is only around 75% with 9% noise. In the bedroom, I am within about 8 feet of the airport and I still get 3-4 bars. How can I improve the signal reception? All airports seem to be at the latest version. (6.3?)

Zeff Wheelock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.