Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Scene

Old Jul 7, 2003, 04:15 PM   #1
BigJayhawk
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to BigJayhawk
Apple Computers (APPL) crosses the $20/share mark!

Setting a 52 week high TODAY, Apple Computer briefly crossed the $20/share mark and is still hovering in the high $19/share range. This is the highest that Apple stock has been in WELL OVER a year.

As recently as May, Apple was barely above the $13/share mark representing more than a 50% raise in stack value in about 2 months.

Not bad at all when your bank account is gaining about 1% ANNUALLY these days!?!
BigJayhawk is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2003, 04:40 PM   #2
Kwyjibo
macrumors 68040

thats awesome.....I can't wait to see what happens when itunes for windows and international appears....then maybe $25 or $30...or if apple definitively defends all those benchmarks
Kwyjibo is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2003, 04:44 PM   #3
Mr. Anderson
Moderator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Anderson
Yeah, saw that today - unfortunately my Apple stock was purchased at around $21-$22 - so I'm still hoping.....

Good for Apple though!

D
Old Jul 7, 2003, 04:57 PM   #4
MacManDan
macrumors 6502

This is great news! I bought Apple stock a couple of months ago and it's gone up about 18-19% since then. Too bad I didn't buy that many shares. Hopefully the G5s will be very popular and push up the stock even higher! (for poor Mr. Anderson )
MacManDan is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2003, 05:05 PM   #5
Warren
macrumors member

Apples stock pretty much followed the rise of the Nasdaq in general today. I hope it will stick arund $20 but wouldn't count on it. There will probably be a correction in the next week or so and the Nasdaq and apple will slip back.

Shipping G5s and ITMS for windows will do a lot more for apples stock then a one day bubble.
Warren is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2003, 05:17 PM   #6
thebt
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
Yeah, saw that today - unfortunately my Apple stock was purchased at around $21-$22 - so I'm still hoping.....
Mmmm, I still have some that I bought at 61$, I'll have to wait (and hope) a long time
But of course I also bought some at 16$, so that for the moment I'm almost break-even
thebt is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2003, 05:18 PM   #7
Vlade
macrumors 6502a

I think once I start investing in a while macrumors will be my best research website
Vlade is offline   0
Old Jul 7, 2003, 05:18 PM   #8
topicolo
macrumors 68000

I think we're already experiencing the long-awaited recovery of the stock market. we may actually be moving into a real bull market and the momentum is a pretty good indicator (although there could be corrections).
Old Jul 7, 2003, 08:19 PM   #9
BigJayhawk
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally posted by thebt
Mmmm, I still have some that I bought at 61$, I'll have to wait (and hope) a long time
But of course I also bought some at 16$, so that for the moment I'm almost break-even
Well, at least the stock that you bought at $61 has split 2 for 1 since then so you really bought it at $30.50 (with relation to the current value). You're getting closer now to your original value.

Also, as to the "one day high" comment earlier, Apple stock has consistently went up almost every day since May. I was not saying that it has went up just today. It has been a steady climb from the $13+ range to the $20 range.
Old Jul 7, 2003, 08:23 PM   #10
Macmaniac
macrumors 68040

Location: A tiny spec in the "Garden State", 1 square mile in area, somewhere on the outskirts of town by the railroad tracks
Well I will continue to kick myself over the fact that I did not sell when they hit $150. I could have made $5000 off 35 shares
Old Jul 7, 2003, 11:09 PM   #11
BigJayhawk
macrumors regular

$2500 from current 35 shares but still not bad . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Well I will continue to kick myself over the fact that I did not sell when they hit $150. I could have made $5000 off 35 shares
If you picked EXACTLY the right time BUT you'd have 70 fewer shares now OR only $2500 to show for your 35 sold shares (the stock split 1 for 2 since the stock value was around $150/share).
Old Jul 8, 2003, 11:18 AM   #12
thebt
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigJayhawk
Well, at least the stock that you bought at $61 has split 2 for 1 since then so you really bought it at $30.50 (with relation to the current value). You're getting closer now to your original value.
Actually I bought them at $121 before the stock split, so that would make around $61 now
But I only bought 50 of them...
And the last year I bought hundreds more at a lower rate!
thebt is offline   0
Old Jul 8, 2003, 09:34 PM   #13
BigJayhawk
macrumors regular

$900 not too shabby . . .

Quote:
Originally posted by thebt
Actually I bought them at $121 before the stock split, so that would make around $61 now
But I only bought 50 of them...
And the last year I bought hundreds more at a lower rate!
So you would have "made" about $900 on your $3600 investment. Not too shabby but way to have LONG TERM faith in Apple. Now let's hope you were not wrong to hold onto the stock afterall.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 09:36 PM   #14
BigJayhawk
macrumors regular

Apple stock STAYED over $20 today!!

Way to go Apple!!! And the G5 hasn't even shipped yet, the iTunes for Windoze is not out yet and the Panther is still on the prowl!!

Let's keep the momentum!
Old Jul 10, 2003, 01:10 AM   #15
topicolo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally posted by Macmaniac
You spent $7.14 on each share? when did you buy into apple?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Mac Scene