Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:15 PM   #1
jlanuez
macrumors 6502

iPhone Purchasers: Tucson, AZ

Where will you be going and at what time?
(maybe we can shoot the BS as we wait!)
jlanuez is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2007, 09:39 PM   #2
jlanuez
macrumors 6502

no comments yet?

16 views and not one comment yet?
Come on, there must be some others like me in Tucson!
jlanuez is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:12 AM   #3
EriQ009
macrumors newbie

I'm in Tucson, but on the 29th I will most likely be in Phoenix, where I will try to get in early at an AT&T store.

If I am in Tucson on that day, I'm thinking AT&T on Broadway. You?

Last edited by EriQ009; Jun 20, 2007 at 02:37 AM.
EriQ009 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Brown Dog
macrumors newbie

Cool

I'm in Phoenix -- I'll avoid the Apple stores as that will be a mad house, I have downloaded the AT&T plugin for Google Earth, and have scoped out locations near Scottsdale where I work (on Scottsdale & Frank Lloyd Wright) or Chandler (probably the Gilbert location to avoid the mall). Not sure how willing I am to go early, so I'll see what happens...
Brown Dog is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 03:26 AM   #5
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

Im in tucson also, I was thinking of the apple store in the la encantada mall or the cingular store on oldspanish trail/22nd. Anybody down to meet up
Old Jun 20, 2007, 07:01 PM   #6
rfbandit
macrumors member

I'm down to camp at the at&t store on Old Spanish. What time do you wanna meet there? I'll bring the special lights and we'll run up Mt. Lemmon right after we get the phones, lol. (inside joke)

-Mark
rfbandit is offline   0
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:28 AM   #7
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

lol Hey mark didn't think you where a mac kind of guy how have you been? PM me your number
Old Jun 25, 2007, 10:49 AM   #8
The Bruce
macrumors newbie

Darn it! I thought that cingular store (oldspanish trail/22nd) would be unknown. There is going to be a huge line there. Well, I'm planning on lining up at 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM. Wouldn't mind to shoot the breeze, wrestle and stuff like that while waiting. Heck, if we have enough people there we can send out for Pizza at Peter Piper.

Be sure to bring plenty of water. The sun will be cooking us to the bone since the store has a "sunset view" out front.

I'll be the large 7 footer in line.

Erik "The Bruce"
][e
The Bruce is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:41 PM   #9
kdbdallas
macrumors newbie

In Mesa

I am planning on a AT&T store in South-East Mesa. Anyone want to hang out in line?
kdbdallas is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:31 PM   #10
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

Sounds like a plan bruce I should be there around the same time (12:00 or 1:00) I might bring my macbook and some dvd's to kill time with. I will be the skinny 6 foot asian lol if you want to meet before that to eat somewhere close pm or something. Also I can bring a cooler full of drinks/beer if need be.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:34 PM   #11
anubis
macrumors 6502a

Hey peepz. I'm planning on lining up at the at&t store on the 3200 block of north campbell. I'm afraid the apple store at la encantada would be a bad idea due to rumors of not being able to activate the iPhone in the apple store. It would suck to have to stand in 2 lines or for there to be a problem with online activation at home. Anyway, I have friday off from work so I was going to start standing in line at around 9AM. However, it would be fun to hang out in line with someone. I'd be willing to change stores but I don't want to get there much later than 9AM. Any takers?
anubis is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:52 PM   #12
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

9am is really early to wait in line in 106 degree weather i'm down to meet but not untill 11am. I plan on going to the 22nd store.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:57 PM   #13
The Bruce
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBwrx View Post
Sounds like a plan bruce I should be there around the same time (12:00 or 1:00) I might bring my macbook and some dvd's to kill time with. I will be the skinny 6 foot asian lol if you want to meet before that to eat somewhere close pm or something. Also I can bring a cooler full of drinks/beer if need be.
I am going to bring a cooler with some drinks. A cooler makes good seats as well. I hope they will let us line up there. It's a small shop on a small strip so they may tell us to take a hike.

Erik "The Bruce"
][e
The Bruce is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:13 PM   #14
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

Yeah but hey there is always peterpiper, eb games, and target to mess around in before lines start forming. I would imagine that they would let people line up though.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 11:55 AM   #15
The Bruce
macrumors newbie

Score! The IPhone is a go for me. I'll try lining up at the Ma Bell store (Cingular/AT&T) on 22nd and OST (Old Spanish Trail) sometime between 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:48 PM   #16
climbingirl
macrumors newbie

Smile Campbell Store at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis View Post
Hey peepz. I'm planning on lining up at the at&t store on the 3200 block of north campbell. I'm afraid the apple store at la encantada would be a bad idea due to rumors of not being able to activate the iPhone in the apple store. It would suck to have to stand in 2 lines or for there to be a problem with online activation at home. Anyway, I have friday off from work so I was going to start standing in line at around 9AM. However, it would be fun to hang out in line with someone. I'd be willing to change stores but I don't want to get there much later than 9AM. Any takers?
I'm planning on waiting in line at the at&t store... won't be able to make it here until after 3:30pm tho... I'm working Friday. I have to imagine the Apple store is going to be nuts!! Hopefully things will go fast at the stores now that they've announced you buy the plan from home!
climbingirl is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 03:04 PM   #17
anubis
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbingirl View Post
I'm planning on waiting in line at the at&t store... won't be able to make it here until after 3:30pm tho... I'm working Friday. I have to imagine the Apple store is going to be nuts!! Hopefully things will go fast at the stores now that they've announced you buy the plan from home!
La encantada is certainly going to be a zoo on that day. I went to the apple store there about a week ago to ask the store personnel what they were planning on doing about crowd control, if mall personnel would let people camp out, etc etc. Everyone I talked to looked at me like a deer in headlights, as if they had never heard of the iPhone before and had no idea what measures were going to be in place. I get the feeling that it will be a mad house and that neither the apple store nor la encantada will have anything prepared as far as crowd control personnel, equipment, etc. I still think the north campbell store will be a good bet. It's in a strip mall parking lot so it shouldn't be too much of a zoo. Only problem will be sun exposure. Luckily the gf has an umbrella and I have a lawn chair. I think I'll bring a cooler full of water and soda and snacks.
anubis is offline   0
Old Jun 26, 2007, 05:38 PM   #18
The Bruce
macrumors newbie

Woo Hoo! 22nd and OST will have the iPhone.

I hope to see none of you there!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:22 PM   #19
anubis
macrumors 6502a

Just got back from the at&t store on campbell. I went in to get a credit check. They ran my credit and said I wouldn't have to pay a deposit. I asked them to give me the code so I could put it into itunes, and the guy didn't have a clue what I was talking about, so I left the store without a code. The only useful information I got from the guy was:

1. All of the store employees will have to report for training at 6am tomorrow morning for iPhone training.
2. I asked the guy if he thought they were going to sell out and he said no, they would have tons of iPhones for everyone.
anubis is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:03 AM   #20
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

Bruce I will see you there im going around the same time
Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:56 AM   #21
The Bruce
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBwrx View Post
Bruce I will see you there im going around the same time
Cool! I'll bring a cooler with Cokes, water and Gatorade. I'll throw in some snacky things too.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 05:21 PM   #22
jcords@mac.com
macrumors newbie

La Encantata Apple Store

The security at the Apple Store in Tucson is being run by the Mall. They are not allowing overnight camping and plan to start the line at 9am. I am planning to be there by then. It is of course outside.
jcords@mac.com is offline   0
Old Jun 27, 2007, 09:23 PM   #23
bvanhaun
macrumors newbie

damn, i thought the 22nd/ost store would be unknown too. i guess ill see you guys there
bvanhaun is offline   0
Old Jun 28, 2007, 12:15 AM   #24
MattyBwrx
macrumors member

Man I guess its going to be a mad dash for iphone's on the 22nd store j/k hopefully the get in more than just a handfull.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 01:33 PM   #25
jlanuez
macrumors 6502

Quick post & photo from Broadway/Wilmot. (I'm at Bruger's using free WiFi on a bathroom break)

Been here since 7:15am, one other guy came at 7:4am. KGUN9 did a quick interview about how we use iPods (and now the iPhone in our business), that was nice. To see what I'm talking about check out our website at www.jeffreylanuez.com

Fed-Ex came at about 10am with about 5 boxes (don't know if they were iPhones or not???)

Here is a picture, sill just two of us and now its getting hot out here!

This is the highest volume store in S. AZ and only 2 of us waiting. There will be plenty here, so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT&T-Broadway-TUCSON  001 (1).jpg
Views:	176
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	77966  

Last edited by jlanuez; Jun 29, 2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: added URL
jlanuez is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups