Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 18, 2007, 07:20 PM   #1
bgriffing
macrumors newbie

powerbook g4: loose LCD

well my screen was fine and then i went downstairs to watch tv. my brother always goes in my room and goes on my computer and i came back upstairs and the LCD is loose as hell and if i wiggle it the brightness fades and i have to put the brightness back up using the keypad. the hinges appear loose is there just screws that have to be tightened?
bgriffing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Aniej
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgriffing View Post
well my screen was fine and then i went downstairs to watch tv. my brother always goes in my room and goes on my computer and i came back upstairs and the LCD is loose as hell and if i wiggle it the brightness fades and i have to put the brightness back up using the keypad. the hinges appear loose is there just screws that have to be tightened?
Unfortunately it is more detailed than that. It will require you taking it to the apple store to fix or if you are highly proficient you can go to apple's support site and download guides, but you will need the tools as well. It requires you getting access to the hinges where the PB screen pivots.
Aniej is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs