Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:56 PM   #1
gkorsgard
macrumors newbie

iPhone Purchasers: Seattle, WA

Anyone camping out for this in the Seattle area? I can't decide which store to go for!
gkorsgard is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:06 PM   #2
tho
macrumors member

i will be too. though i'm not sure if i'm gonna go to an apple store or at&t one.
tho is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2007, 02:18 PM   #3
fireballer55
macrumors member

I will be, the only question is where? I live in arlington, and I thought my store(ATT) which Im friends with the manager there told me they weren't going to get any right away. Anyone know where there are corporate ATT store around? Thanks
fireballer55 is offline   0
Old Jun 19, 2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Twiztedklown316
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Twiztedklown316
I live in Spokane, so I will have to go to an AT&T store here, but If were to be in Seattle or lived there, I would most definitely be going to the Apple store over in the U district. I always try to stop by there when I'm in town.
Twiztedklown316 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:59 AM   #5
jackvalko
macrumors newbie

No Way I'm telling

I've been scoping this out since the release date was announced. My store is picked, my time to show-up is set, I've found all of the free wi-fi available outside the store, cleared my wait plan with security, and have been showing my goofy mug around the store too so employees recognize me.

And if you think I'm going to share all of my insight with you, forget it! I want one of these buggers.
jackvalko is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 01:26 PM   #6
Adobo
macrumors member

In a mall

Seems like the best place to go would be at a mall location for either ATT or Apple stores. No one can camp out in a mall before the mall itself opens up.
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 01:38 PM   #7
kellen
macrumors 68020

Yeah, I am thinking about doing it, waiting during the early morning or early afternoon.

Where in Seattle? No idea. Going to upgrade my plan in the next few weeks and try to get some news on the release.

Figure if I can upgrade now, get a phone for cheap (treo 750 or 8525) due to subsidy for signing a contract, then get the iphone and renew (only extending it by an extra week), I could ebay the phone and recoup some of the savings.

But where? I think Apple stores will be packed, so perhaps a cingular store.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:56 PM   #8
Adobo
macrumors member

Bellevue

Thinking of heading there instead of U-Village because there are both Apple and ATT stores. If one's packed, head to the other one (I hope).

Anyone know when the mall opens up?
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:41 PM   #9
LeeTom
macrumors 65816

I'm going to the AT&T store on *****. I live 2 blocks away, it'll be easy. Guess I'll be there about 4:30 or so if any of you want to join. I'll be the guy with a huge coffee cup that stinks of whiskey.

Last edited by LeeTom; Jun 29, 2007 at 01:28 PM.
LeeTom is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:46 PM   #10
FreeState
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adobo View Post
Thinking of heading there instead of U-Village because there are both Apple and ATT stores. If one's packed, head to the other one (I hope).

Anyone know when the mall opens up?
9:30 am

(The best way in is from the Nordies parking lot)
FreeState is offline   0
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:15 AM   #11
Adobo
macrumors member

Bell Square

Do you mean on the West side of the mall?
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 21, 2007, 02:51 AM   #12
brooker
macrumors regular

i'm trying to plan for seattle myself. luckily, i pulled in a huge bonus at work this week. Just in time!

now... where to shop, and when to get there... that may take a bit of planning yet. I like the strategy of the above poster, who made sure people knew the plan ahead of time. good hint!

(Mr.) Brooke R.
iP: 1x620MHz 8GB. PB: 1x1.5GHz G4 2GB. MBA: 2x1.8GHz 64GB. MP: 2x2x2x3GHz 7GB RAID1, RAID0+1.
brooker is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:58 AM   #13
minik
macrumors 65816

I'm in the Bellevue area as well. So both the Apple Store and AT&T Store are located on the ground (level 1) floor of Bellevue Square, the former one is near Nordstrom and the AT&T Store is right by Macy's.

I take that day off anyway.
minik is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:05 PM   #14
Adobo
macrumors member

Bell Square

Yep, I'll be there. Got the day off as well. Going early to see if any line forms. If not, there's always Lincoln Square to watch a quick movie and then come back and check in a few hours.

Still thinking about U-Village though. I'm thinking they'd have more inventory, but at the same time there'll be more people.
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:30 PM   #15
minik
macrumors 65816

A movie day for me as well... although I don't plan to actually get the first revision, I still want to join the crowd.

The AT&T and Apple Store are way apart at the U. Village.
minik is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:29 PM   #16
wellsws
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to wellsws
Conflicted with waiting

I'm still unsure if there will be THAT many people lining up here in Seattle. Perhaps more downtown or U-Village. But, luckily I don't live near either of those. There are 2 AT&T stores within a mile of each other down my way along with a Starbucks so I'll be hanging around in the late afternoon until I'm highly caffeinated. That'll make it more fun. I just hope the rate plans are not stupid expensive!
wellsws is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 01:43 PM   #17
loudog40
macrumors member

I have a feeling Seattle will get hit HARD... lotsa techies up here. Though, I'm not sure how many MS peeps will be brave enough to carry a new iPhone to work with them on Monday morning.
loudog40 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:14 PM   #18
Adobo
macrumors member

Lines

I honestly don't think we'll have to worry about picking up product on Friday. But...I'm going to head down there anyways and see what's going on.

I'd rather be a mall rat that head into the office anyway.
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:17 PM   #19
Adobo
macrumors member

Monday

MS people worried about carrying their iPhone? Shoot. I'm worried about it. I'm trying to figure out how to politely say "FU" to whoever wants to touch it.
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:10 PM   #20
minik
macrumors 65816

Back then AT&T Wireless is based on Redmond, WA.. not sure about now. Not to mention, I live very close to the T-Mobile HQ.
minik is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:28 PM   #21
jlseattle
macrumors member

Stores selling

From Apple's website it appears that the U-village store and the South Center Apple stores will have them. I'm debating and think that the South Center store will be less busy than the Seattle store. What u guys think?
jlseattle is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:42 PM   #22
Adobo
macrumors member

Southcenter

It wouldn't surprise me if Southcenter would be less busy because of the clientele. There seem to be more high-schoolers running around there than other malls. And I doubt they have $600+ burning in their wallets.

I'm just picking B-Square because the proximity of an ATT store just around the corner.
Adobo is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:45 PM   #23
Brandon2010
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Brandon2010
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlseattle View Post
From Apple's website it appears that the U-village store and the South Center Apple stores will have them. I'm debating and think that the South Center store will be less busy than the Seattle store. What u guys think?
I bet you the South Center store will be alot less busy and I wouldnt be shocked if Apple through some kind of _____ in the game and gave the UVillage store a little stock.

I don't hear people talking about the Northgate Mall AT&T Store. Yes that mall is under construction, but I bet you no one will be there so you all should give that a try too. And for the people who are thinking of going Downtown to Pacific Place for the iPhone, I don't think that will happened cause theres no iPhone display and plus the store is on the lower level with parking and that one of the main escape routes for a fire.

You should also give bellevue a try too cause no one will be there either only like 100 rich people and thats it. I'll be there myself.
Brandon2010 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:48 PM   #24
Brandon2010
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to Brandon2010
Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me if Southcenter would be less busy because of the clientele. There seem to be more high-schoolers running around there than other malls. And I doubt they have $600+ burning in their wallets.

I'm just picking B-Square because the proximity of an ATT store just around the corner.
Haha another true point I forgot to put in my post about Southcenter. But for all you people who still doubt Southcenter, you should pray that JCPenny's has a sale cause then the mall will open at 5am-7am
Brandon2010 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:55 PM   #25
malreynolds
macrumors member

Quote:
Yep. I'll be there at Bellevue square too.
malreynolds is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups