Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:40 PM   #1
woodenturkey
macrumors newbie

My powerbook will not power up

My powerbook will not power up, I have already ruled out PRAM battery, am i looking at buying another logic board?
woodenturkey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 01:56 PM   #2
Rodimus Prime
Banned

well it could be the logic board or something else really simple. Providing a macbook is a lot like a PC desktop in the terms of hardware then it could just be something is wrong with the case.

On a MOBO there are 2 pins that just need to be conected for computer to turn on and off. Normally this is done by the case completing everything. I have had cases go bad before and it was a pretty simple fix in a desktop. As for a laptop I do not have much experince playing with thoses on the inside but I know for the PC it is the same way. I have yet to really mess around on the inside of a mac but I am going to assume it is the same.

To test it you just have to find those 2 pins and conect them together by something like a screw driver. A quick tap is all it should take.
Rodimus Prime is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs