Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 19, 2007, 05:48 PM   #1
mothertucker
macrumors newbie

powerbook as external hard drive..

to avoid confusion i have a macbook and powerbook..
i recently found a program that lets me use the powerbook as a separate monitor for the macbook through airport (screen recycler). i want to also use the powerbook as an external hard drive at the same time.. i know about starting it up in target disk mode but then i cant use the powerbook for its monitor..

so my question is how can i connect my powerbook (firewire) while its running so i can have a second monitor and hard drive for the macbook. thanks for listening hope someone can help..

tucker
mothertucker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2007, 06:19 PM   #2
DoFoT9
macrumors P6

Send a message via AIM to DoFoT9 Send a message via MSN to DoFoT9 Send a message via Skype™ to DoFoT9
wow thats a hard one!!!!!
im thinking that if you could startup the powerbook from a different device, cd, firewire drive etcetc.. you could allow the screen to be used, unmap your powerbooks harddrive, and then plug in the firewire. though thinking about that i highly doubt that it will work.

other than that im stumped. sorry
DoFoT9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs