Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups

Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:54 AM   #1
LtCarter47
macrumors regular

iPhone Purchasers: Roseville, CA

I'm debating between camping at the AT&T store on Douglas by Boarders or the one across from the Galleria. I have to go scope out the Galleria store today, if the parking looks right I'll be there. I want to be able to park my truck right in front of the store so I can have a TV and 360. The Boarders center won't work for that.

Planning on stopping by after work on Thursday to make sure no line is forming, and check back every hour if not. I camped out for the 360 and black Friday, so I've got some experience, and I'll be fully prepared this time.
LtCarter47 is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:03 PM   #2
DVNIEL
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCarter47 View Post
I'm debating between camping at the AT&T store on Douglas by Boarders or the one across from the Galleria. I have to go scope out the Galleria store today, if the parking looks right I'll be there. I want to be able to park my truck right in front of the store so I can have a TV and 360. The Boarders center won't work for that.

Planning on stopping by after work on Thursday to make sure no line is forming, and check back every hour if not. I camped out for the 360 and black Friday, so I've got some experience, and I'll be fully prepared this time.
Oddly enough there isn't much ruckus coming from the Northern California side of MacRumors. I'm in the East Bay, toaster is in SF, and we're the only ones that are saying things. If you want to get a good idea of where damage will occur in the Northern California, check craigslist and see who is selling their stuff and soul to afford an iPhone, you'd be amazed.

Honestly, I don't know why people would need to reveal they're selling their stuff for an iPhone, that would encourage me to not buy their stuff so they CAN'T afford one and I'll be one person closer to getting one.. hehe i know thats mean, but its Social Darwinism at its best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Area Craigslist
i am selling the nokia 8801 (unlocked) because i am planing to buy the iphone.
it is 6 months old with the box and manual

Recieved this IPOD, but already have an older generation and wanting to save up for the IPhone..

Sidekick 3.. only a few scratches.. selling it to get Iphone..
So many ringtones..
Downloaded 3+ games..

This iPod is in perfect condition. I have kept it well protected and there is not one scratch on it. I am selling to save up for an iPhone

Barely used, I've only had it two months. Purchased it brand new. I have two batteries, USB Cable, external battery charger. In perfect condition, no scratches, dents, or any damage. Going back to old phone and waiting for the iPhone

I am selling my nextel blackberry 7100 phone. I am selling it to switch to the new Iphone to go on sale on June 29 with Cingular

This unit has only been used once. I bought it to get into podcasting, but I don't have the time for it. This unit works well with Windows and Mac.
I need to get rid of this unit soon, need the money to buy an iPhone
Ahhhh that was fun=)

Last edited by DVNIEL; Jun 20, 2007 at 12:12 PM.
DVNIEL is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 12:15 PM   #3
LtCarter47
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by villanova329 View Post
Oddly enough there isn't much ruckus coming from the Northern California side of MacRumors. I'm in the East Bay, toaster is in SF, and we're the only ones that are saying things. If you want to get a good idea of where damage will occur in the Northern California, check craigslist and see who is selling their stuff and soul to afford an iPhone, you'd be amazed.

Honestly, I don't know why people would need to reveal they're selling their stuff for an iPhone, that would encourage me to not buy their stuff so they CAN'T afford one and I'll be one person closer to getting one.. hehe i know thats mean, but its Social Darwinism at its best

Ahhhh that was fun=)
Hah, interesting method! I'll have to keep an eye on those.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 01:59 PM   #4
yayaba
macrumors 6502

Hey LtCarter, I'm from Rancho Cordova myself. Nice to see a fellow Sacramentonian here

Not sure if I'm picking it up day 1 or even at all just yet though. Still deciding...
yayaba is offline   0
Old Jun 20, 2007, 02:40 PM   #5
darwen
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

Used to live there... now I am in Washington state. I would have been there with you though.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 12:08 PM   #6
rSm00th
macrumors member

Lightbulb

Quote:

I'm out in Folsom, and I've been debating my launch-day plan for a while. I have the afternoon off, so I'll be prepared to hop in line should one exist.

I scoped out the Folsom Cingular at the Broadstone / East Bidwell complex, and all they have up for signage right now are a couple iPhone banners. I did not see the full-sized video mock-up I have been hearing about.

I have not yet been by the Citrus Heights location on Sunrise next to the FedEx Kinkos yet. I think they do good business there and so they would get a significant allocation of iPhones.

Anyhoo, glad to see I'm not the only Sac area fanboy. I'm really not anticipating too much iPhone-mania here in Sac, but I could be wrong... Maybe at the Arden Apple Store, but I'll be avoiding that location for sure. Hit me up and I'm down to meet up with y'all on launch day.

Rick
rSm00th is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 02:45 PM   #7
Stridder44
macrumors 68040

Haha didn't know there were this many other Mac fans in the area I might have to stop by just for hell of it.
Stridder44 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:43 PM   #8
harodude
macrumors regular

Well hello there!

Im actually down in Elk Grove, so Roseville is the closest place listed on macrumors..

I cant wait to get an iPhone!

I'll never forget reading all of the rumors about "this new phone "Apple will be releasing, and NO ONE knew about it!
harodude is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:51 PM   #9
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Hey. I am going to the ATT store across from the Galleria by Chipotle! Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be getting there prolly around 5- or earlier. if a line forms at close, I'll be there :P
Old Jun 25, 2007, 03:56 PM   #10
rSm00th
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleintelrock View Post
Hey. I am going to the ATT store across from the Galleria by Chipotle! Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be getting there prolly around 5- or earlier. if a line forms at close, I'll be there :P
Chipotle + iPhone = Crazy Delicious
rSm00th is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 04:18 PM   #11
gtree10
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rSm00th View Post
Chipotle + iPhone = Crazy Delicious
Double True
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:11 PM   #12
imisssefler
macrumors newbie

Quote:
that's where i'm thinking of heading. please tell me you're not planning on going at 5 pm. its too hot to camp all day, i can't compete with you uber-diehards.

Last edited by imisssefler; Jun 25, 2007 at 05:25 PM.
imisssefler is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:30 PM   #13
007bond4321
macrumors member

Folsom???

Any thoughts on which stores will have lots of iPhones and few campers? I live in Citrus Heights, and the store near Sunrise Mall always seems crowded.
I work in Folsom, and I just checked out the Broadstone location, and it seems to be a larger store with fewer people. At least there wasn't a wait like in Citrus Heights. SO... can anyone suggest a better store. Placerville, perhaps??
007bond4321 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:36 PM   #14
rSm00th
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007bond4321 View Post
Any thoughts on which stores will have lots of iPhones and few campers? I live in Citrus Heights, and the store near Sunrise Mall always seems crowded.
I work in Folsom, and I just checked out the Broadstone location, and it seems to be a larger store with fewer people. At least there wasn't a wait like in Citrus Heights. SO... can anyone suggest a better store. Placerville, perhaps??

I'll probably swing by Broadstone around 2pm and then by Citrus Heights right after just to scope them both out. I would be quite surprised to see any large number of campers at either location.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:38 PM   #15
EricNau

Quote:
IIRC, the AT&T store in the mall is just a franchise - so no iPhones there.
...The store near Kinkos mentioned earlier is however, so that may be your best bet.
EricNau is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:45 PM   #16
007bond4321
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricNau View Post
IIRC, the AT&T store in the mall is just a franchise - so no iPhones there.
...The store near Kinkos mentioned earlier is however, so that may be your best bet.
Thanks for the input.
I just seems like every time I need something over at the store by Kinko's I have to get a number and wait. At broadstone, I walked in and was offered help right away. I'll be checking back here for info on the lines at other stores so please post!!!
007bond4321 is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 05:47 PM   #17
EricNau

Quote:
Thanks for the input.
I just seems like every time I need something over at the store by Kinko's I have to get a number and wait.
Yes, from what I've heard that's true (unfortunately).
EricNau is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:49 PM   #18
yayaba
macrumors 6502

Wow, didn't know there were that many Sactown Apple fans on this board. That's cool.

Is there an apple store inside the Galleria? Or is there only one inside Arden?

Hell, worse comes to worse you could always drive to Fairfield if there's one in the Westfield shopping center there. I've been there a few times but I can't remember if there's an Apple store inside there.
yayaba is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:51 PM   #19
rSm00th
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaba View Post
Wow, didn't know there were that many Sactown Apple fans on this board. That's cool.

Hell, worse comes to worse you could always drive to Fairfield if there's one in the Westfield shopping center there. I've been there a few times but I can't remember if there's an Apple store inside there.
Apple store is coming to the Galleria, but isn't currently there. I think the best bet is one of the officail AT&T stores spread out over the area.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:52 PM   #20
EricNau

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayaba View Post
Nope, just Arden Fair.
EricNau is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 06:55 PM   #21
yayaba
macrumors 6502

Ah, ok. Yeah I'm not expecting the iPhone to sell out here either but you never know. There's close to 1.5 million people I think living in this metro area so there's gotta be enough diehard people to pick this up

Unfortunately I'm going camping starting Friday all the way until Sunday so I won't even be able to read up on first impressions. But if everything turns out OK and this thing is a hit, then I'll definitely pick one up next week.
yayaba is offline   0
Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:24 PM   #22
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Apple store is coming to the Galleria, but isn't currently there. I think the best bet is one of the officail AT&T stores spread out over the area.
right. after the add-on the apple store will be FIVE minutes from my house!!!! ahhhhh!
pwr!
Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:54 PM   #23
AppleIntelRock
macrumors 65816

Alright so, people going to the AT&T select store across from the Roeville Galleria next to Chipotle:
when are you getting there?
what are you bringing?
should we have a MacRumors meetup?
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:33 PM   #24
LtCarter47
macrumors regular

Quote:
WHOAH! Wait just a second, where did you hear that!?! I think I might explode. That would be AWESOME. I live just off harding, so that's literally a couple minute drive.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:39 PM   #25
LtCarter47
macrumors regular

Quote:
Alright so, people going to the AT&T select store across from the Roeville Galleria next to Chipotle:
when are you getting there?
what are you bringing?
should we have a MacRumors meetup?
Wow, this thread really picked up since the first couple posts I read. I am definitely going to the one across from galleria now. I actually went in there today and asked about getting some power from inside via extension cord, I'd like to bring a big TV and a 360 for games and movies. Manager wasn't in though, so no answer on that yet. I plan on stopping by thursday evening just in case, and I'll be checking throughout the night in case a line starts to form.

If we plan on getting together maybe we should trade email addresses so we can notify each other if we see a line forming earlier than expected.

As for your questions:
I'll be checking for a line starting the day before in the afternoon, and if I feel paranoid enough I may just start it myself. Also, if I get the go ahead to use an extension cord to get power from inside, I'll pretty much have to be there at the closing time on thursday to get that set up.

I'm bringing:
pillows (in case a night operation is at hand)
Folding chair
my macbook and DVDs (possibly my TV and 360 should the power be available) (Also, I wonder if AT&T has free wifi at their stores....can someone confirm? I may test that tomorrow after work.)
PSP
Stuff to read
Zune (yeah yeah, so I lost my iPod and I'm a Halo fan...you can rail on me Friday in person, lol)
A cooler with lots of water and cold drinks
Snacks of some kind
That's all I got at the moment.

Last edited by LtCarter47; Jun 25, 2007 at 11:55 PM.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > iPhone Purchaser Meetups