Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
I made a website for a friend using iWeb and now she want me to move it to her computer but I dont know how to do it. Any ideas?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
In the user's library, in the Application Support folder, open the iWeb folder, and the file named "Domain" is the one you want.

EDIT: nevermind

nancyrae

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Copy the file ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb/Domain to the same folder on the other machine.

:confused: I can only get as far as Application Support there is no file for iWeb or Domain...... I have an iWeb site.... what;s up with this???
I would like my son to be able to help my out with my website. He is a pro + I am a beginner..... We are both using Leopard - but he is living in NZ for a while..... He can access my screen, but not my website to be able to help me with it

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Make sure you are looking at the Library folder inside your user folder, not the library folder directly from the root of your hard drive.

BullBoyKennels

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2008
Mayaguez, PR
A perfect way of doing it is to use Backup_3.1.2.dmg for leopard just select to do a custom save for iWeb save it to a folder of your choice then just re-run Backup on the other machine & select restore. Also note that if they already have an existing site then when you restore it make sure to only restore new files that way the previous sites are not lost. Now if they don't have any iWeb sites just do the normal restore and all will be put back in Place as it was on your machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfCqYZooTHA

crucesignati

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2008
Moving iWeb from one mac to another

Copying the iweb folder under the path listed above from my imac to my mbp worked like a champ. thank you.

stevenstevens69

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
can you help please

Make sure you are looking at the Library folder inside your user folder, not the library folder directly from the root of your hard drive.

Ok I have my domain folder which retrieved form a backup. i have my site file. And have new sites on i web which I do not want ti interfere with. So how do i get my older site folder and the domain file to launch on i web alongside the existing ones

cheers

steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.